Liked: 0

For Sale SOLD: FE Chassis #47 For Sale

PRICE DROPPED TO $28,500

Formula Enterprise Chassis #47 -

This is a great car in great condition that was well taken care of during it’s time with me. The Mustang Grabber Blue really looks great on this car as well. It’s well sorted out with setup notes, setup sheets/binders, spare nuts/bolts, log book, race results, etc. I just don’t have the time to race any more so looking to sell the car. Last run in 2016 for 2 weekends, nothing in 2017. I love the car and hate to sell but I just can’t justify sitting on it any longer not knowing when I might be able to have the time to race again.

Included in Package -- Car includes all the latest updates: Penske shocks, crush box (some damage but still ok), floating rotors, thermostat, throttle cam, muffler, sway bars, ECU flashed for AiM EVO4 data logger with GPS, AiM Formula Wheel & Dash, AiM Air/Fuel Mixture Sensor, Comprent Actuator Upgrade (also had Comprent inspect/update at the end of 2016), Custom bead seat (formed to a 5’11” driver), helmet surround with quick release pins, upgraded and new battery in 2015, spare starter battery and remote wiring assembly at rear of car, internal cockpit side panels, new fuel cell installed in 2013 as well as the in-cell fuel line update kit to protect against ethanol. Installed a brand new Electric OMP AFFF 2.8L Fire System in 2013. FIA Belts good through 2020. 2 sets of OZ wheels (black) with used Gen1 American Racer tires mounted on 1 set.

Gear box was completely rebuilt back in Feb 2012 with a new case, ring/pinion and differential carrier, input shaft and gears, all performed by Comprent. Only 5 weekends since rebuild, plus 2 or 3 test days. Less than 20 weekends in total on motor. Clutch was replaced back in 2012 and only 6 or 7 weekends since.

Complete Spares List
    · Complete spare rear wing assembly
    · Spare side pod (left)
    · Transmission Parts – spare NEW dog rings (3), Complete Gear Sets NEW for Reverse, 1st through 5th plus two extra for NEW 2nd gears as well as several gently used gear sets (well over $3k in new parts here)
    · Spare new front splitter
    · Spare radiator
    · Spare wheel hubs/nuts
    · New Oil filters (4)
    · 2 sets of new brake pads
    · Various front and rear spare wing end plates and mounting brackets/hardware
    · Spare “used” front wing and winglet
    · Several spare rods, suspension pieces, mounting brackets, etc.
    · Original actuator assembly that was replaced with the upgraded Comprent one
    · Original steering wheel, dash and data system
    - Numerous NEW bottles of transmission fluid, brake fluid and motor oil to match what's been used in car
    - 2 sets of OZ wheels (black)

Tools Included
    · Toe alignment bars (Comprent) and front mounting bracket
    · Transmission/gear assembly tool (Comprent)
    · Quick jack
    · Front nose assembly racks/mounts – 2 of these (used to mount whole nose assembly in a raised position on front of car during transport or for mounting on wall for storage)
    · Quick toe and alignment plates for quick checks using tape measure
    - gear removal/stacking tool

Asking $28,500 (reduced to this on 12/14/2017). Car is located in Leesburg, VA. I’m open to any reasonable offer and willing to negotiate on towing car out to you, dependent on distance. The best way to reach me (Bill Saltenberger) is on my mobile at 703-531-7758 or at bill.saltenberger@ironbow.com . I can provide additional photos upon request as well. Give me ring to discuss.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bsaltenberger; 12.14.17 at 5:36 PM. Reason: Dropping Price to $28,500

For Sale Additional Photos

Here are a few more photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 138

Great price, jeez so tempting had I not just bought a car.

Did you weld that tow hook on the front of the chassis, same in the rear? Good idea I don't have tow hooks, even just dragging it into the trailer is sketchy on the control arms I find.

Yes they're welded to the frame. Honestly though i can't take credit, they were already there when i purchased this car from Patrick Linn a few years ago.

Default Price reduced to $28,500

Bumping the price down to $28,500. Great package, great price. Give me a ring to discuss.

Thanks
    Bill Saltenberger
    703-531-7758
    bill.saltenberger@ironbow.com

Default Sold

This car has been sold.

Thread Information