Thread: Shifter

Liked: 2

Default Shifter

Hi guys i currently have a flat shifter pro and i think the solenoid is dying as it is progressively been getting worse with more missed shifts...

Seeing what shifters people recommend/ have for sale... geartronix sounds like the businesses however is out of mtmy price range considering the small performance gain...

Cheers

Liked: 52

Most of us in the US use the Flatshifter or Geartronics. I use a Flatshifter Expert in my Firman, but without the solenoid. I had purchased a Geartronics to upgrade, but now I'm selling the car. My Geartronics is in the Parts for Sale section.

I have the solenoid and paddles for my Flatshifter, but have never used them. The previous owner told me he could not downshift fast enough so he took it out in favor of a cable. It also saved a little weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Benno88 View Post
    Hi guys i currently have a flat shifter pro and i think the solenoid is dying as it is progressively been getting worse with more missed shifts...

Seeing what shifters people recommend/ have for sale... geartronix sounds like the businesses however is out of mtmy price range considering the small performance gain...

Cheers
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 41

My Flatshifter Expert developed a similar problem. Upshifts were not easy to do. I had to revert back to clutching to upshift cleanly. Downshifts were fine. Diagnosing this was two stage. The test switch on the control box worked in both upshift and downshift mode. I had to get the car up on stands and run the engine to fond out that the upshift was not interrupting the ignition like it was supposed to. In the car at speed and you cannot tell that the ignition interrupt is working or not. The problem was that a wire in the load cell broke. Richard at RillTech fixed the load cell for me. Suggest contacting him.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Liked: 5

I have been having the exact same issue for the passed few seasons .... getting worse every year. Up-shifts are no problem but down shifting is difficult, especially late in the race when the heat builds up. I've talked to Richard about it and installed an air duct and fan to help keep the solenoid cool. Hard to say if that made a difference. Between talking to Richard and emails to Flatshifter I believe its a weak solenoid. The guys at Flatshifter gave me several ways to test the system and ohm out the solenoid. I have not done the tests yet as the season is over and the car is torn apart. If you'd like I can forward the e-mails to you. I will be looking into a replacement solenoid this winter. Fingers crossed it fixes it.

Thread Information