Liked: 757

Default Slow/non paying Apexspeeder

When I sell stuff here on Apexspeed my policy is to ship the part first and when the buyer is happy with it I ask for a check to be sent. This has always worked out just fine as I consider Apexspeeders as an honest bunch. Generally a check arrives within a day or two. At the moment I'm over two weeks overdue on a part I sent with only occasional replies to PM's with a list of excuses. It's not much money owed, its more the principle. I don't want to name and shame here because perhaps it's a genuine oversight? Any advice? How much longer should I leave it? I think two weeks is more than enough time to send a check plus they have my PayPal details too.

Liked: 799

ditto, everything I've sold has shipped out prior to receiving the payment; never backfired on me with an Apexspeeder.

two weeks, including more than one acknowledgement from him that he's overdue, is fair IMHO; insist he call you and explain by Monday morning, then name and shame if not, for the good of all others on here.

Liked: 130

Other forums will put "potential scammer" under their user name. It will be worth that persons time to get you paid to not have that under their user name. If not then we all know to have that person send a money order first before we deal with that individual.

Not saying their scammers, just some times lazy. Take my girlfriend.

please

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

You can gauge his response after you send him a link to this thread. If it does not get resolved immediately, as an apologetic oversight, you will know exactly where you stand.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

5. The following 6 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by SEComposites View Post
    When I sell stuff here on Apexspeed my policy is to ship the part first and when the buyer is happy with it I ask for a check to be sent. This has always worked out just fine as I consider Apexspeeders as an honest bunch. Generally a check arrives within a day or two.

Exactly my method and experiences here on Apex. The potential of the "shame game" is enough motivation for pretty much anybody to be honest.
    Now before the interweb, I did have to kindly remove a deadbeat's steering wheel from his race car at Limerock one day and lock it in my truck until he came up with the money he owed me. Amazing how quickly I got paid. It only took him one missed session to go out and find an ATM.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

7. The following 10 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Never had a problem here on apexspeed. One guy wanted a carb build after he towed a car I sold him 3k miles on it's side and a float broke. I did it, despite knowing better to save face. Racing community is small, reputation can be the difference between finishing a weekend or going home early. Most will give a spare and expect payment the next week, unless the person has a history of shafting folks.
    Communication is key.

I look at how long on here, and post numbers, etc. Not a perfect science, but with time we figure it out. Guys I have done business with before, the payment and item cross paths in the mail, including you Ben. Sorry this happened to you. Out him. It may save the next guy an even larger loss.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks chaps. I'll leave it until Monday. I like to think the best of people so perhaps this is just an oversight on his part. For the moment.

Liked: 553

I bought something here earlier this summer, sent payment and told the seller I wasn't in a big hurry to receive it, then a month later regretted saying that. After getting more and more worried, the seller mentioned he had a hospital stay (sounded believable), apologized for the delay and the parts arrived a week later.

Just sharing this, not knowing if your case is similar. Good luck.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 302

As someone who purchased a part form SEComposites, he sent the part immediately. That kind of service is worth the price itself.

Pay up. You may wish to purchase another part some day.

Liked: 3787

I have always shipped to an Apexspeeder before payment. never been an issue.

Liked: 211

So seems we all have the same story.. our community is too small to screw anyone...

All well and good but that doesn't help Ben..

Good luck getting paid.. send him a link to this thread
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

So I sent a link of this thread to the member concerned which did illicit a response. Apparently a check is in the mail. I'll give it until Friday for that to arrive. For some reason the PayPal option is no longer viable.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Banned
    Liked: 1116

So I sent a link of this thread to the member concerned which did illicit a response. Apparently a check is in the mail. I'll give it until Friday for that to arrive. For some reason the PayPal option is no longer viable.
    There isn't a major bank out there now that doesn't offer the ability to send money to somebody's account via "bill pay" or text.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

For some reason the PayPal option is no longer viable.
    That can often be a red flag.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

I still have faith the check will arrive. If it’s not in my mail box by Friday then I might have a re-think!
    Last edited by SEComposites; 10.19.17 at 9:48 PM.

Well a check arrived today! Better late than never. Thanks for the above responses and my faith in Apexspeeders remains untarnished!

22. The following 9 users liked this post:

Thread Information