Liked: 280

Default 3 Weeks to Right Coast at the 2017 ARRC

Hi,

This is really important to the future of our series. We are just about 3 weeks away from the final event of the 2017 Right Coast Formula F Series presented by American Pen Company. This event will take place at Road Atlanta as a part of the American Road Race of Champions on November 3, 4 & 5. This event was originally scheduled to be one of our “flash mob” type events, but the very kind folks of the Atlanta Region have agreed to let us have a 50 mile FF/CF only race on Sunday as part of this race program.

The ARRC is a great event and this one is extra special as it has implications for those of us in the Formula F/Club Formula F community well beyond 2017. If we can generate a strong entry of 20 or more cars; there is an excellent chance that we will be able to schedule a longer Right Coast event at the 2018 ARRC.

And as we have already announced, thanks to the efforts of 40th co-organizer Mike Rand, the Atlanta Region has agreed to partner with Right Coast to stage a 50th Anniversary of Formula F in the US event in 2019 as part of the ARRC.

But, for all of this to fall in place it is essential that we have a strong entry for this event. So, please come and join us at Road Atlanta. You will be able to race in both the ARRC championship race as well as the stand alone FF/CF race on Sunday. We welcome all Formula F cars; Ford and Honda powered; Formula F/Club Formula F/Historic Formula Ford; slick or treaded tires. We will keep track of the participants within each sub-group and will award our series kill stickers and trophies to the podium finishers in each class after Sunday’s race.

As this is being written we have fifteen entrants. I know if at least five who will be completing their entries in the next couple of days. Can we get another six and hit a total of 25? Whenever we announce our schedule or survey our drivers; we always get a question regarding scheduling an event at Road Atlanta. Well; we now have one and it is actually going to be a bit more than we had hoped for. And, a strong entry gets us another invitation.

Just in case there is still any doubt, the celebratory 50th Anniversary of Formula F in the US East is not a rumor; it has been confirmed by the Atlanta Region. It is going to happen and while we do not have a definite date from the Atlanta Region; the annual American Road Race of Champions event traditionally falls on the first full weekend of November which would make our date November 1, 2 & 3, 2019.

Road Atlanta is definitely a destination track on many bucket lists. Make this the year that you check that one off and join us in three weeks for the Prelude to the Prelude to the 50th Anniversary of Formula F in the United States.

Registration with schedule and supps is open at www.motorsportreg and can also be found on the Right Coast website at www.rcffs.org on the schedule page.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 553

I just looked at the preregistered entries (thus far, 2 weeks away) and it's looking good!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....81FDA680E03D8F

I'd like to see full fields again at the ARRC. It's a great event.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

Shayne you better have that car ready...

Liked: 280

Default Now 2 Weeks to Right Coast at the 2017 ARRC

Hi,

We are now two weeks from the open practice day for the 2017 American Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta on November 1 - 3. The Right Coast Formula F Series will be there in force.

At this moment we have 12 CFF and 8 FF entrants. Dave Harmison and Sam Eyer in their CFF cars have not yet entered, but have let me know that they will also be there. Graham Earley is cranking hard to get his new Merlyn CFF ready. Shayne Frebert (with help from Derek Holmes) is thrashing to get his RF85 VD ready to race as well.

This will give us 24 FF/CFF drivers for the weekend. I know there are more drivers out there who don't want this season to be over yet. There must be some more SEDIV drivers who enjoy Road Atlanta and large fields. Please come and join us. A good turnout is essential to make the event even better for next year and to set the stage for the 50th Anniversary event in 2019.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    Last edited by Joe Marcinski; 10.19.17 at 2:31 PM.

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Shayne you better have that car ready...
    He got a FedEx from me today!
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Up to 22 entries for Sunday.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 313

A
    Last edited by Dave Harmison; 10.23.17 at 7:11 PM.

Liked: 201

Looks like it is going to be a very fun event. FF (and its derivatives) are healthy right now, at least back East. It is great to see. I hate that I can't also participate on Sunday and only on Saturday. I haven't seen so many CF's entered for one even in a while (and very competitive ones at that). I wish I could race two cars at once so I could be in FF and CF.

Liked: 23

My journey to the 2017 ARRC begins tomorrow. Philly to Bristol, TN for overnight stay...then on to Huntsville, AL for a week of business meetings. Then Huntsville to Road Atlanta. All because Rand shamed me for not running more RCFFS events this year. Looking forward to seeing the RCFFS gang, making new friends and driving a great track. See y’all next week...

14. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

David Petzko !
    I am so glad it worked !
    So looking forward seeing you and Janelle next week.
    Our goal, Joes and mine, is to stake out a big area in what I refer to as the Upper Paddock, that large expanse between the gas pumps and Tech, for as many FF/CF Right Coast entrants as we can wedge in there.
    Dave Petzko is always a fine addition to any FF/CF grid and they are great folks to hang with in the paddock.
    Joe and I plan on being there by 3:30-4 on Wednesday Nov 1 to register and get in the traffic jam for paddock load in at 5.
    See you next week !

Liked: 279

Default Sunday Only?

Mr. Rand,

Due to time constraints, I cannot make the full ARRC event but could make it for Sunday's qualifying and Sunday's race. Is this possible? If so do I need to register with Right Coast or just sign up online for Sunday only? I have run some practice sessions with you guys at PITT with the FRP series.
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Just go to the Motorsportreg page and register through the normal way. When it comes to selection just register for the RCFFS Sunday race. It gives you the qualifying and race. That is what I did as I am only running the Sunday also.
    Graham

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Hi Joel,
    As Graham said, it's easy !
    You are more than welcome for whatever portion of the ARRC weekend you can make.
    Sunday has a 25 minute stand alone, as in FF and CF only, no FV/5, qualifying and then right after noon a 20 lap/50 mile race.
    Come on and run !

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

Looks like we need one more car to make 25 for the feature race. I know that there has to be a few more racers out there that want to check out the Right Coast.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information