Liked: 201

Default 1 Day Driving School?

Fellow Apexspeed members...
    Any suggestions for a one day driving school in a formula car (not a SCCA drivers school event) for someone to try a racecar for their first time to just get their feet wet?

Bertil Roos?
    The F3 school formerly known as Russell
    Any others that you know of in a formula car that offer a one day school?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

I don't have any school support dates lined up until Waterford Hills next April/May, but it's a two-day school with a total of eight on-track sessions.

Some track day groups will allow open wheelers in a special session, I'm willing to rent out one of my pinto FCs for just that purpose. I'd be happy to provide coaching/trackside support along with that. One of my responsibilities here at GM is instruction, and have been coaching with very good feedback privately for about a decade. I can support at any track within about 600 miles of 48855 zip code.

Cheers,

Cade
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCade View Post
    I don't have any school support dates lined up until Waterford Hills next April/May, but it's a two-day school with a total of eight on-track sessions.

Some track day groups will allow open wheelers in a special session, I'm willing to rent out one of my pinto FCs for just that purpose. I'd be happy to provide coaching/trackside support along with that. One of my responsibilities here at GM is instruction, and have been coaching with very good feedback privately for about a decade. I can support at any track within about 600 miles of 48855 zip code.

Cheers,

Cade
    Not looking for any use of SCCA cars, just school cars ie Bertil Roos or Skip Barber had they not gone under.

Contributing Member

Is it for 'very first time' or for someone with performance car experience? I think Bondurant might have some one day options.

Edit: I just looked - they require you to have their basic racing school first before they go to the FM.
    Last edited by MotorCade; 10.10.17 at 2:35 PM. Reason: I'm wrong, they don't.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Contributing Member

Bertil Roos has a 1/2 day or 1 day under their 'adventure' programs. That might get what you're looking for.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Liked: 33

http://race2000.com/courses/

Half day and full day courses.
    They claim to have James Hinchcliff as a graduate. He probably majored in dancing and social media.

Liked: 65

Default Allen Berg

Allen Berg runs his school at Laguna Seca.

https://www.allenbergracingschools.c...e-day-program/

BradHayesRacing.com

Liked: 799

doesn't LucasOil school do a one-day?

Liked: 3787

Andy,
    Just let them drive one of your cars at on a day someone rents a track nearby; like RRR.
    Check with somebody like Kevin at Comprent for when they are renting.

Also there is a Time Trial at RRR in November. Easy to get a newbie into.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Andy,
    Just let them drive one of your cars at on a day someone rents a track nearby; like RRR.
    Check with somebody like Kevin at Comprent for when they are renting.

Also there is a Time Trial at RRR in November. Easy to get a newbie into.
    Hey Mike
    This will be for my wife. For marital reasons, in case something happens, I would much rather my wife be in a school car rather than my own.
    I like some of the ideas above. I forgot about the Bridgestone school in Canada and the Lucas Oil school has a date that might work as well. Just trying to plan for Christmas.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
    Hey Mike
    This will be for my wife. For marital reasons, in case something happens, I would much rather my wife be in a school car rather than my own.
    I like some of the ideas above. I forgot about the Bridgestone school in Canada and the Lucas Oil school has a date that might work as well. Just trying to plan for Christmas.
    Translation:
    I love my wife but not enough to let her drive my race car. [emoji2]
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    Translation:
    I love my wife but not enough to let her drive my race car. [emoji2]
    Kinda sorta....my racecar will become her racecar and I will grow some wings. However, just to see if she likes it or not and for her first time, I think it would be better if she didn't have to worry about wrecking her husbands mistress, she will have enough to think about and I don't want to add that kind of pressure to her.
    I hope she loves it though. I just feel bad for my daughter. That will mean she has two parents that are addicted to something worse than crack!

Thread Information