Liked: 35

Default Stimola Sticker Needed

I am restoring a Formula Ford for which Joe Stimola built the engine in 1982. Most FFs do not have significant history since so many were raced by average guys like me, but once in a while, we come across one which should be put back in its original livery. Going from a good photo I have of the car, it had a sticker in white (no background) reading "Stimola Race Engines" on each side. I'll try to blow it up from the photo so that it is visible if enough resolution to be legible. Just wondering if anyone still has any of Joe's stickers in the back of a tool box drawer? If not, I could have it reproduced from a good photograph. Can anyone help me with this? I either have or can reproduce all the other stickers on the car, however, if you have Hewland, Skip Barber or large (13" long) yellow Lola stickers it would save me the time to do so.

Liked: 211

I have a feeling you will be having that sticker reproduced..

As you know Joe is a legend.. anything orginal from him will likely stay in the hands of those who have..

I have a few Stimola stickers but don't have a Stimola race engines sticker.. I sure would love one.. if you do make them count me in for one please
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

3. The following members LIKED this post:

I believe there is a good possibility that I'll be making some, Len. If I do, a good photo of one would be most helpful, though. I would prefer a sticker or two, but if no one has any they want to give up, how about a good close up photo? If I have to make them, I'll do a few extra.

Robert Metcalf
    Metcalf Racing

Liked: 211

Robert

I don't have a photo of one.. but I will ask around and keep you posted..
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Thanks, Len. I appreciate your help.

Robert Metcalf
    Metcalf Racing

Liked: 1417

If you can get a larger/better photo of that decal, and dimensions, I can make reproduction art for you. You just have to send me a couple when they are done.

This was cobbled together while I'm waiting for some video to render. Lots of educated guesses for type, proportions and details from the tiny little example photo. Many things "off" in it, so it could be dialed in with a better example of the logo, if you can find one.

Oh, and Paul Pfanner designed the original Skip Barber School logo, and I think he's an ApexSpeed member. They updated it a few years back, but we may be able to track down the art for the original school logo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stimola.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	74288  

9. The following members LIKED this post:

I was able to find a Stimola ad in a November 1976 issue of FORMULA magazine, and I think I have a pretty good grasp on the typography and proportions. A final size could get the artwork dialed in enough to create re-pops of that decal.

Oh, and the issue of FORMULA that I have sitting here has James Hunt on the cover, talking about him closing in on the World Championship now that Lauda had his accident in Germany.

Name:	stimola_ad.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	74309  

I assembled the artwork for the original version of the Skip Barber School logo, too. All I would need are the dimensions of the decal and I can size it for reproduction art.

Name:	barber.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	74310  

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information