Liked: 177

Default Going to try to make the ARRC. Who's with me?

Why I'm going.....

So, after starting a disappointing 13th at the runoffs I made it up to 10th on few laps in but spun out going over the rumble strip exiting turn 4. I swapped steering racks the night before the race and somehow the new rack rotated back just before the spin, no idea how as the bolts were all torqued to 16 ft lbs but this made an instantaneous change in handling for sure... Anyways, car died and wouldn't start for almost 30 seconds and I was relegated back to 26th by the time I joined the track. I eventually climbed my way back to 12th where I ended up finishing.

I've really got to get the bad taste out of my mouth from my mistake so I'm going to do everything I can to make the ARRC race as well as the 100 mile endurance race for FE's only. Who all is going? Surely we can't miss out on a chance to have an FE only endurance race! Who knows, might be the last chance to run the cars before the engine change.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

I will be going to the ARRC from Indy. I may have an open spot on the trailer if that helps anybody get to the race. PM me.

Liked: 553

A 100 mile endurance race sounds cool, especially if you get a decent field.

I assume it's all with one driver, right (no driver change mid-race)?

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    A 100 mile endurance race sounds cool, especially if you get a decent field.

I assume it's all with one driver, right (no driver change mid-race)?
    That's the way I understand it.

Looks like there will be a 5 minute mandatory pit stop. This is good for guys like me with little to no pit crew! Looks like there are 7 so far. I'd like to see 14 or more if possible.

Liked: 11

Default I am planning on coming

I am registered and planning on participating. I have plenty of room in my rig if anyone wants to tag along from Chicagoland.

Quote Originally Posted by oppermann View Post
    I am registered and planning on participating. I have plenty of room in my rig if anyone wants to tag along from Chicagoland.
    Great, see you there Dean!

Liked: 59

I'm registered...hope we have a BIG field! I've been going for over a dozen years and it's always a fun event. And a new challenge this year. 100 miles of that track will be a physical challenge, adding some excitement to the second half I'm sure. I may need more than 5 minutes break in the middle...

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cruz View Post
    I'm registered...hope we have a BIG field! I've been going for over a dozen years and it's always a fun event. And a new challenge this year. 100 miles of that track will be a physical challenge, adding some excitement to the second half I'm sure. I may need more than 5 minutes break in the middle...

Best regards,
    Eric
    I've never driven RA so it will be double the challenge for sure!

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 33

Alliance Autosport will be there with 3-5 FEs.

Liked: 11

During my preparation and packing for ARRC I noticed that my license expires on OCT 31st. I called SCCA to renew and found out I needed a physical. Unfortunately, I had no time to schedule a doctors appointment. I called SCCA again and requested a 1 week extension. I standard SCCA fashion they declined my request. Thus, I will not be able to attend the ARRC event.

I wish SCCA could be a little bit flexible-I think we would all benefit. Too bad...

During my preparation and packing for ARRC I noticed that my license expires on OCT 31st. I called SCCA to renew and found out I needed a physical. Unfortunately, I had no time to schedule a doctors appointment. I called SCCA again and requested a 1 week extension. I standard SCCA fashion they declined my request. Thus, I will not be able to attend the ARRC event.

I wish SCCA could be a little bit flexible-I think we would all benefit. Too bad...
    Damm, sorry to hear Dean. It's total BS but hopefully see you out on track next year.

Liked: 3787

I bet if you would have gone to the track and not called Topeka, the chief Steward would have granted a one week extension.

Liked: 14

Wish I knew your situation. You could have come down and I could have filled out your form.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 802

Quote Originally Posted by Drew 13 View Post
    Wish I knew your situation. You could have come down and I could have filled out your form.
    Not too late to make is it Dean?

Thread Information