Liked: 11

Default Chicago Region SCCA Help

Looking for anyone from Chicago Region SCCA willing to help me with any available records on Chicago Region issued log book 7-288.

The car in question is a Lola T202 or 204, I am looking specifically for the Lola chassis number. Any other info, original issue date, owner etc. would be great too.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff Fritz
    Plymouth WI
    jeff88ix@yahoo.com

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 48

I sent your request to someone I know that is very active in the region. I'll keep you posted. It would be cool if it's my dad's old T202 which was purchased used from Haas in the late 70's.
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Thanks

Ian,

Good to hear from you, thanks for the help! I didn't know that your dad had a 202. Hopefully we will be able to piece together some of the history of this car.

I'm really not sure what is recorded or retained when a log book is issued, but it would be great if this info is somewhere in the Chicago Regions archives.

Thanks
    Jeff

Default Lola mystery

Still trying to connect the dots on this Lola

I believe it is likely that it is the car shown in the photos below. It was a Lola T202 owned by Ed Schuler and crashed at Blackhawk Farms in 1982. Ed sold the engine to someone in the Milwaukee area but didn't recall what happened to the damaged chassis, it may have gone to the same individual. If any of this look familiar to anyone, please contact me.

The Chicago region log book (lost) number is 7-288. I am ultimately trying to verify the model and chassis number so a new chassis tag can be made.

Thanks
    Jeff Fritz
    jeff88ix@yahoo.com
    920-838-2185
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Still looking

Still looking for anyone from the Chicago Region SCCA willing to do a little research into what info was recorded or retained with the log book number 7-288

Thanks
    Jeff

Liked: 6

Default Log Book Track Down

You might try and contact the Chicago Region Chief of Tech as they are in charge of keeping the Log Books and most of us also keep the log book register.
    Tuck

Default Lola help

I started there and it sounded promising, then no follow up. Repeated email inquiries have gone unanswered.

I'll give them a call again this week.

Thanks
    Jeff

Liked: 353

Quote Originally Posted by jeff88ix View Post
    I started there and it sounded promising, then no follow up. Repeated email inquiries have gone unanswered.

I'll give them a call again this week.

Thanks
    Jeff
    I have contacted the Chicago Region tech chief keeping the records. He will get back to me with what he has and I will post it here.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Default Thanks

Thanks Peter,

Looking forward to whatever info can be found

Best Regards
    Jeff

Liked: 353

Here's what I've been able to find out:

Per Ed Schuler, the car is a Lola T-202. It was heavily damaged at Blackhawk in an impact with the Turn 3 outside berm (now protected by tire walls) including a bent frame.

Chicago Region issued a log book to the car in 1978 correction, it was 1973, with the owner listed as Ruben Garcia, a current SCCA member who went on to race SRF. Even in 1973 that's a rather late date for a T-202 to be log booked. By then there were early T-300's and there had been T205/210's, suggesting significant repairs previously that would have required a new log book.

Log book records didn't include car descriptions until later, so there's no other information in the Chicago Region records.
    Last edited by Peter Olivola; 07.20.18 at 4:17 PM.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

13. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Default Thanks

Peter,

Great information! I may try to locate and follow up with Ruben Garcia to see if any additional info is available in regard to the chassis number.

Thanks Again
    Jeff

Thread Information