Classifieds Super License Ricks Minis's Avatar
    Liked: 56

Default RALT RT4 ' FA' for sale

RALT RT4 Formula 'A' chassis for sale ! Can also be seen on RaceCarLocators.com thank you! Email for pics & Info: Ricksminis1@msn.com
    -----------------
    Built 20 Oct 1982 with 1983 jigs according to Ralt records, hence an '83 spec chassis. Wide rocker configuration. Has AM chassis stamping and Ralt tag.

Delivered new to Graham Watson (Ralt Australia), and run by him in the 1982 Australian GP. AUS/NZ history with Paul Radisich and Chris Hocking, then shipped to Rick Shea for the USA WCAR years (ca. 1989). Later USA owners known, up until myself. History dossier by Chris Townsend; some email communications with prior owners.

Steve Jennings BD rebuilt by Ivey in 2015, approximately three hours on it. Inconspicuous EVO4 data system with standard dash instruments for vintage racing. Set up for radio. Solid jig-set FT200 with a few spare gears. One set of dry wheels with well-used tires, one set of wets with lightly used tires. A few suspension and other spares.

Custom machined billet engine-to-gearbox adapter. Way-over-the-top Ohlins ST44 shocks with remote reservoirs. I would replace these with less complex Koni 8212 doubles and sell them, if I were the new owner. I didn't get around to that.

Currently the bodywork has cutouts for a prior YBM install (exhaust and intake reversed in this configuration). I can fix this and repaint, but the price will reflect that work. YBM exhaust and mounting bits included if desired (but not recommended - it handles much better with the BD).

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 113

Hi Rick,

Great looking car!

We need a price...

Thanks
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Liked: 553

I agree. Pretty car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricks Minis View Post
    RALT RT4 Formula 'A' chassis for sale ! Can also be seen on RaceCarLocators.com.
    Over there it says:

OFFERED AT ....................$55,000.

Yes Russ! It IS $55,000. Ralt owned the track for quite a while, I recall the FSV change from Lola to Ralt..........dominant!
    OOPS! thanks............
    Rick

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

While the car is most definitely a 1983 model with the pointy nose and narrowed tub, the side pods are not period. They are the later 1986 "coke-bottle" sidepods which give more downforce at the expense of speed.

The suspension is a narrow track front with wide track rear.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    While the car is most definitely a 1983 model with the pointy nose and narrowed tub, the side pods are not period. They are the later 1986 "coke-bottle" sidepods which give more downforce at the expense of speed.
    Yeah, I really like the looks of that combination. I might need to get a nose like that.

How about the roll bar? Is that standard height? It looks to me like a tall man kit.

Maybe my car has the short man kit. :-)
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Russ,

Yes, that is a tall man roll bar. The pointy nose will not fit your car unless you change the nose box and front sway bar setup.

Those side pods may look neat but they actually slowed the car down. The fastest RT-4 ever was Jim Wright or Dan Marvin. They both had 1983 with straight side-pods, wide track front and narrow track rear. That way the front tires and the rear tires are punching the same hole in the air. Look at this one and you'll see the front track is somewhere around 6 inches narrower than the rear. Bad aero.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Contributing Member
    Liked: 113

Default Ralt

Charles,

Your knowledge of Ralt formula cars is acknowledged, maybe you could move your comments to another thread and not let your opinions influence the sale of someone else's beautiful vintage car!

Thank You

Liked: 30

Quote Originally Posted by marchsv View Post
    Charles,

Your knowledge of Ralt formula cars is acknowledged, maybe you could move your comments to another thread and not let your opinions influence the sale of someone else's beautiful vintage car!

Thank You
    Personally, I think this is all good information and input that I for one would not have been aware of had Charles not offered his honest opinion. Open exchange is more likely to result in a positive experience for buyer and seller IMO.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Joules5 View Post
    Personally, I think this is all good information and input that I for one would not have been aware of had Charles not offered his honest opinion. Open exchange is more likely to result in a positive experience for buyer and seller IMO.
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Default Ralt comments

No worries expressing how much you know........ How much "slower" do you think this would make the car? You might understand this is going to be utilized in 'vintage' racing, .... not it's original Australian podium finishes with a professional driver.

It is a very quick and fun chassis, period. It is priced well to sell, and being moved on for someone to enjoy!
    Rick

I bought my '83 RT-4 a couple of years ago. I know I'm well past my fastest days, but these should be fast and fun, especially in vintage/historic (but I'm not sure what it will be like with big fast BOSS cars).

I started racing in the early 80's, and watching the Pro Atlantics (and club FA's and RT-5 FSV's) at Lime Rock Park made a big impression on me. The RT-4's (and Swift DB-4's) are what race cars "are supposed to look like" (to this 60 year old). :-)
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Ricks Minis View Post
    No worries expressing how much you know........ How much "slower" do you think this would make the car? You might understand this is going to be utilized in 'vintage' racing, .... not it's original Australian podium finishes with a professional driver.

It is a very quick and fun chassis, period. It is priced well to sell, and being moved on for someone to enjoy!
    Rick
    How much slower? Not even a germane question, for, as you say, it will be used in vintage racing against DB-4s, later Swifts and RT-41s, etc. It will not be at the pointy end of the grid, but who cares. My comments were not to disparage but to inform. Having run an RT-4 in both Club and Vintage I can agree it is a fun, reasonably quick, and solid vintage racer. As for the price, yes, I agree it is reasonably in the ballpark.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Liked: 0

How come the same car is advertised in the vintage section is being sold $7000 cheaper and on other websites $5000 cheaper

There are many sites that basically sell cars on consignment and, therefore, add their profit. Not uncommon to find such a disparate situation.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

Thread Information