Liked: 103

Default electric XKE Jag

I wonder what holds for Vintage racing when all car go electric...? Will vintage racing go the way of horse and buggy races?

It is happening sooner rather than later: http://jalopnik.com/the-electric-jag...eau-1801789629
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Liked: 212

What a shame..
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 1879

Horrible thing to do to a jag.

This will certainly accelerate things. All the Pacific Rim Car companies will have to go electric to keep up with demand from China.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...c-vehicle-push
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Shameful thing to do to the most beautiful car ever made.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Advances in technology are the life blood of racing. I think that if amateur racing does not initiate classes for electric cars, especially formula cars, it will go the way of buggy racing. The next generations coming up will look a the current gasoline powered cars as we now look at steam powered cars. For the sake of keeping the sport going, I think the switch needs to be made sooner rather than later.

Norway, India, the Netherlands, Germany and now China are looking to band gas and diesel powered vehicles. The China move will force the Pacific rim automakers to accelerate their transition to electric which will then drive a very reactive US market.

And I am not talking about racing Nissan Leafs. I am talking about the SCCA encouraging developers to build an electric powered formula car to get a class started just like they have down with Formual 4 . In fact that lass may already be obsolete.

I am going to take it upon myself to build an electric sports racer to run sprints in the east coast NASA/SCCA. I will try to transition to it being an endurance racer when I get the range of the batteries figured out.
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Very expensive right now. FE has pit stops to change cars, due to recharge times. I embrace technology, but will sure miss the sound.

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 904

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Manofsky View Post

I am going to take it upon myself to build an electric sports racer to run sprints in the east coast NASA/SCCA. I will try to transition to it being an endurance racer when I get the range of the batteries figured out.

Talk with Entropy Racing (in PA, Charlie Greenhaus www.entropyracing.net). They built 3 electric sports racers, based on their Sports Renault (not everybody converted to Ford power). They raced at New Jersey (12 Hour), and perhaps other places. Also a run at Pikes Peak.

See: www.evsr.net

I saw a demonstration run of an early iteration at Summit Point. A curious experience - the only noises came from tires and body work. As you would expect, it had much better torque than a SR/SRF/SRF3. Acceleration out of T10 on to the front straight was impressive.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Very expensive right now. FE has pit stops to change cars, due to recharge times. I embrace technology, but will sure miss the sound.
    I think that some form of wind driven noise maker should be mandatory to allow for the safety workers to hear the cars coming. This is a very real problem. A low frequency device could sound like a car engine.
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Talk with Entropy Racing (in PA, Charlie Greenhaus www.entropyracing.net). They built 3 electric sports racers, based on their Sports Renault (not everybody converted to Ford power). They raced at New Jersey (12 Hour), and perhaps other places. Also a run at Pikes Peak.

See: www.evsr.net

I saw a demonstration run of an early iteration at Summit Point. A curious experience - the only noises came from tires and body work. As you would expect, it had much better torque than a SR/SRF/SRF3. Acceleration out of T10 on to the front straight was impressive.
    Thanks for the leads. Yes, I can't wait to be pushed back in the seat from the torque burst when accelerating. I really want to take a lead in the development of this stuff.

Bill Manofsky
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Thread Information