Liked: 8

For Sale 2003 NovaKar FOR SALE

2003 NovaKar J9 for sale. Rear clip has cracks under engine tray in need of welding . . easy fix for F500 OR Perfect F600 Conversion Car via NovaKar Conversion Kit. Asking $7,000. e-Mail jpalmer1@verizon.net or call 972-998-1938 for more information and pics. Located in Dallas, TX, but CAN DELIVER TO RUN-OFFS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 896

This is a potentially very good car. Joe must have won at least 50 races and multiple division Championships. I guess after 14-15 years of Racing it might have a few cracks. The cracks are easy to fix. Call Dave Piontek and he can turn it into a nearly new frame.

Dave 704-604-3044
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmer1 View Post
    2003 NovaKar J9 for sale. Rear clip has cracks under engine tray in need of welding . . easy fix for F500 OR Perfect F600 Conversion Car via NovaKar Conversion Kit. Asking $7,000. e-Mail jpalmer1@verizon.net or call 972-998-1938 for more information and pics. Located in Dallas, TX, but CAN DELIVER TO RUN-OFFS.
    Was this previously Sanco's car?

Quote Originally Posted by GRMatocha View Post
    Was this previously Sanco's car?
    No this was our personal car That Brian drove before we built the Rakavon. This car with a 593 or a MC engine can still be a winner.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Hi Greg,

As Jay said . . not Sanco's car . . much "younger" 2003 built . . Brian got a Silver Medal that year at the Run-Offs in the car, then he and Jay sold it to me. The car has always been fast . . it would be even faster than my "competitive" times/results with a better driver in it than me!

Are you interested, or just curious of the lineage?

I'm looking. Will be at the RunOffs to see what's out there. Trying to get more upright from the laydown models...and uh, how much I'll need to trim down to get back into an F5. Not many snowmobile or CVT guru's in Texas so leaning toward MC power...but on the fence looking at current lap times/records.

Greg, We now have Three NovaKar J9's in TX . . the other two are 1) MC and 1) Snowmobile. So, we have a growing stable of them with spares, knowledge/experience, troubleshooting, etc. A lot of benefits . . somebody has the spare you need, has had a similar issue and knows the solution, set-up sharing, data, etc.

I've always been in the NovaKar Laydown position . . and . . now don't want a sit-up car, strong preference towards the NovaKar position! I think it's what you get used to, but . . I feel like I "feel more" in this position, especially the car's rotation and grip.
    ]
    Any way . . would love to keep this car on the "Texas NovaKar Team" and help you through the easy Conversion with Jay's kit and then get to play on-track!

Liked: 2

Default 2 MC's

If people in my family would stop having health issues, not move and it wouldn't rain like it did a couple weeks ago, as examples, I could finish the last little bit of my conversion. I like to call it my Moby Dick, that elusive never ending search for the white whale, , lol.
    But i haven't bailed on getting done.

C.Scott Chesser
    Last edited by cheeze131; 09.13.17 at 9:40 AM. Reason: don't want to appear to high-jack the thread

Scott,

The rebirth of Loki?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze131 View Post
    If people in my family would stop having health issues, not move and it wouldn't rain like it did a couple weeks ago, as examples, I could finish the last little bit of my conversion. I like to call it my Moby Dick, that elusive never ending search for the white whale, , lol.
    But i haven't bailed on getting done.

C.Scott Chesser

Liked: 3

Is this car still available?

Yes it is. Please e-Mail me at: jpalmer1@verizon.net and/or Text or Ring my cell 972-998-1938. Where are you located? --Joe Palmer

One of these cars, J9, finished 2ND at the Runoffs against the best F500 field EVER.

These cars,properly setup can still race with the best, period.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 227

Where are you located? --Joe Palmer
    Joe,

His sig says Lexington, NC, home of NC style BBQ. For you Texans, that's PORK (aka real) BBQ.

Great to see you at the Runoffs. Trying to figure out a way to get to COTA in Feb.

Cory

Thread Information