Liked: 4

Default PRICE LOWERED 99 formula mazda for sale

1999 standard formula Mazda ( 99-172)
    ( priced lowered to $17,500.)
    NEWEST VIDEO ( 4/23)
    https://youtu.be/mNXeknOCDDc
    THIS CAR HOLD MULTIPLE RECORDS with the PA. hillclimb assc. (PHA)
    sealed motor (DDR)
    new belts 2017
    new heims
    shocks rebuilt 2015
    fire bottle 2014
    spare set wheels
    spare set side pods
    alinement bars
    gear sets
    quick jack
    car cover
    many more spares
    current scca log book

This car was purchased in 2012 and slightly altered to compete at hillclimb events.
    Going up a hill takes between 1-2 minutes...This motor does not have a lot of use time on it.
    I CAN PUT THIS BACK IN LEGAL FM FOR YOU ...I WILL disconnect/remove the 2 added fans and install the legal fm gear sets that are included with the sale, if desired. It currently runs in Formula special due to the lower/slower gears used for the standing starts.
    It's a little rough (LOOKING) around the edges but very quick and mechanically sound. See previous posted videos in (general discussion).
    412-716-0392
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmurph; 04.23.18 at 8:06 PM.

Liked: 17

This is a quick car.
    I have competed with Timm for the past 5 years and can attest to this to be a very quick car.
    It will make an excellent car for hill climbing, road racng or track days.
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Default 99 for sale...up date

I changed out the seat...( took out my fluffy blue recliner and installed the " real race seat")
    I am going to install the Willans belts ... good til 2020
    Over the next couple of weeks I am also going to remove the stickers, touch up the paint, shine the wheels make a sales video and raise the price!

Default 99 for sale...up date...motor history

The motor was rebuilt by DD in 2010.It had one race season on it when I purchased it. We did some calculating and due to the fact that they give "mileage" awards in the PHA hillclimb series we were able to chart the motor usage. We estimate that our hillclimb seasons have been the equivalent to One full road race season. So I am confidant that this sealed motor is still plenty good to go with the equivalent of 2 road race seasons of use.
    The gears are fine... we don't down shift very often. Lots of gear sets included with purchase.
    New brakes AND rotors this year also !
    Last edited by tmurph; 10.01.17 at 6:14 PM.

Default Quotes from fellow racers on Race Pa.com

Re: 99 formula mazda for sale ( runs in FS)

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 08:25:58 AM »

I drove this car around a skidpad in 2nd gear and that was enough to make me want it. Cool, fast and reliable car

Re: 99 formula mazda for sale ( runs in FS)

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

Car is fast and I've never seen it broken. GLWS Tim.

Liked: 2

you're buying the renesis prototype? Theres an FM withs that motor out there already? How did you come by it? who developed it? Time frame for more to come out? please give us some info on that nugget

Timm purchased the Renesis Prototype from me. When I acquired it in 2009 it needed a lot of TLC.
    With the help of Peter Florence of PF Tuning Engine Management Solutions the car is now extremely reliable and quick. As far as other fuel injected FM s being built, Moses would be the person to ask.
    Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

Default more photos

SPARE PARTS FROM ORIGINAL PURCHASE...still included!I I cleaned up the nose and cockpit.
    Last edited by tmurph; 03.05.18 at 3:25 PM.

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cutchins View Post
    Timm purchased the Renesis Prototype from me. When I acquired it in 2009 it needed a lot of TLC.
    With the help of Peter Florence of PF Tuning Engine Management Solutions the car is now extremely reliable and quick. As far as other fuel injected FM s being built, Moses would be the person to ask.
    Last Moses tokd me, he mentioned the new engine for our cars was off being tested. was just wondering if your car had something to do with that. Didnt realize the renesis had been in development for FM that long. Anxious to see an updated powertrain come out for us all

Not sure if this car had anything to do with Moses's decision to develop a fuel injected rotary for the standard FM. Being that Mazda ceased building rotaries could the new engine have pistons?

Star Cars put a 4-port Renesis into chassis 00-194 about a dozen years ago. The story I was told was that the project costs got to the point that selling the new engine and the associated engine management system as a replacement power plant were too high and they abandoned the project and went on to build the PFM.
    The standard car sat a their facility for a few years until a guy in Maryland called and inquired about a fuel injected standard FM. He was told they never produced any but had this one test car. He flew to California, test drove the car and had it shipped back east.
    When I bought the car in 2009 it needed a lot of work. I took the inlet restrictor out which seemed to help but the engine was tired and I replaced the 4-port with a Series II Renesis 6-port. With the help of PF Tuning it has turned out to be extremely quick and reliable.

The standard FM Timm is selling here is fast and reliable and a great deal. If you are in the market for a no hassle race car that does not require tons of maintenance, you will not be disappointed.

Dave Cutchins
    Stohr F-1000

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Default video...our longest hill

https://vimeo.com/179704006
    Duryea hillclimb in Reading Pa. ( Pa. Hillclimb Assc.)
    Not having others on the road with you ,allows you to focus on the road .No looking in your mirrors required.
    Not having run off room ... you don't think about that.
    Hey, they even paint the real big rocks orange to help keep you safe.
    This is child's play compared with what they do at Mt. Washington and Pikes Peak in the U.S. and those crazy folks over in Europe.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information