Thread: 1986 Reynard

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Default 1986 Reynard

So after purchasing this car last fall and spending countless hours and $ refurbishing it, I'm putting it up for sale since I recently purchased a newer car. New this year:

Koni Aluminum Double adjustable shocks
    Eibach springs
    TDI Brake rotors
    AP Calipers
    Girling master cylinders
    OMP belts
    Fuel Cell
    Fire System
    New rod ends on the front
    Odyssey Battery

For those of you calculating the cost of all this, yes I spent a ridiculous amount, but I had every intention of keeping it for years! But then a known Van Diemen became available and you know how that goes sometimes!

Spares include: front wings, Rear body work, 2 noses, front A arm, couple wheel bearings,2 new wheel nuts, new front axle, spare starter, Comes with 3 sets of Compomotive wheels, One set has 6 cycle Hoosier 35A's mounted. Several spare wheel halves (I was collecting for future use). Original fiberglass seat. Car cover Comes with all the gears you need for Blackhawk and Road America. Have additional gears - buyer gets first shot at them. Asking $8.500. Bruce

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hdsporty1988; 09.25.17 at 9:52 AM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Price drop

Price lowered to $8,500.

Liked: 0

Very nice looking Reynard - seems to be pretty well sorted. Can you PM me with your contact info? thanks
    Jason

Liked: 37

Beautiful car, Bruce, good luck with the sale.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

What is particular about the 86 Reynard? I see parts for the 87-89 clustered together but never see the 86 listed. I had an 89 but is this model year peculiar to the later Reynards?

Default 86 Reynard

For 86 Reynard reverted back to a car very similar to the 84 rocker arm cars as the 85 pushrod car did not work as expected. The 86s are a little different than the 84s in that the uprights are larger and take a larger bearing similar to the later 87-90 cars.

Liked: 49

How fresh is the motor? Great beginner car, I'm trying to talk my nephew into it.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    How fresh is the motor? Great beginner car, I'm trying to talk my nephew into it.
    Brad, I honestly don't know for sure. I bought the car after it had been sitting for a number of years and spent the winter going through the car and installing all of the listed items. The prior owner thought it had 3 races on it and I put on three more, but since I don't know for sure myself, I would say it is undermined. I can tell you that it runs very well and there are no known issues. The only reason the car is for sale is that I bought a 1994 Van Diemen that was a known car to me. You are right in that this is a very good beginner car as they are very predictable and durable.

Default Sold

Car is sold, thank you Apexspeed.

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information