Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 218

For the $9,000 you get a new engine harness and ECU. A lot more sensors go through this ECU and we now will have our a/f controlled by an O2 sensor.

It is still a dry sump system, but has an internal oil pump instead of external. You will use the same oil tank.

Dan, the new gearbox has sensors on it that allow for no lift shift and auto blip. The no lift shift will be hooked up when PE allows for different ranges of ignition cuts based on the gear that its in. Right now you can choose how many milliseconds of ignition cut, but that's for all gears. Mike doesn't want to hook it up until he can allow for different cuts based on the gear change (2 to 3 different than 3 to 4, etc.).

Yes the gearbox can trigger auto blip, but only with a fly by wire throttle cable with an electronically controlled throttle body, which this is not. I believe the USF2000 cars have both of these (with this same gearbox), but their throttle and throttle body are electronic (I'm pretty sure, but not 100%).
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 177

Quote Originally Posted by SStadel View Post
    For the $9,000 you get a new engine harness and ECU. A lot more sensors go through this ECU and we now will have our a/f controlled by an O2 sensor.

It is still a dry sump system, but has an internal oil pump instead of external. You will use the same oil tank.

Dan, the new gearbox has sensors on it that allow for no lift shift and auto blip. The no lift shift will be hooked up when PE allows for different ranges of ignition cuts based on the gear that its in. Right now you can choose how many milliseconds of ignition cut, but that's for all gears. Mike doesn't want to hook it up until he can allow for different cuts based on the gear change (2 to 3 different than 3 to 4, etc.).

Yes the gearbox can trigger auto blip, but only with a fly by wire throttle cable with an electronically controlled throttle body, which this is not. I believe the USF2000 cars have both of these (with this same gearbox), but their throttle and throttle body are electronic (I'm pretty sure, but not 100%).
    Interesting stuff. Thanks Steve!

I don't mind changing to no lift shifts but I prefer the manual down shift anyways.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 177

What is everybody planning on doing next year. Trying to figure out if upgrading is necessary in order to have people to race against.

1. Upgrading Engine AND Gearbox

2. Upgrading Engine only

3. Running original engine/gearbox

4. Not running the car next year.
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 218

You forgot #5. Upgrading gearbox only.

I just filled out the paperwork for an engine. I already have the gearbox. According to Robey that will be #17 (engine). The first run of 20 gearboxes has sold out.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 14

Deposit down for engine and gear box
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 53

Gearbox and ECU.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 10

I just bought car number 003 and will be sending my deposit check for both the engine and trans tomorrow. My son, Max will be the driver and we will run most of the Northern Conference majors. Looking forward to the new class. We just went through this with the Spec Racers the past few years and have no complaints from the experience. In fact, we might be running both cars next year as time allows.

Tony Grau

Liked: 447

3..... maybe 4 if everyone else does 1 or 2.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 138

Gonna be a lot of gearboxes and engines available for those that don't upgrade!

Liked: 45

Liked: 53

We're doing #1. Already have the gearbox installed.
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Liked: 77

As of now #3
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 10

I have already done 5. If I can swing the expense I will update to the new motor also but I believe that will be next winter.

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information