Liked: 72

Default Surprise surprise Steve Thompson wins again

Congratulations to Steve Thompson for not only winning the race at Grattan but breaking the track record also. I wish he had come out to play earlier in the season so we wouldn't have had to listen to all of the people in the class that constantly make excuses as to why a two stroke can't beat the four stroke. It seems as if there's only one guy on the two stroke side that has his act together with the tuning AND THE DRIVING. Of course, he will be considered the " anomaly" and all of his times will have been turned on a "perfect track" when people refer to his abilities.........sad. congratulations Steve, you have my respect for sure. I look forward to racing with you at the runoffs (that's a non sarcastic remark in case any of the thread baiters start talking trash)

Liked: 896

Brian's record at Grattan was a 1:17.3. Are you sure Steve broke that record?
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 56

He did not turn under a 1:17:3. Steve is not this fast because of a 593 2 stroke. His driving is spot on and the engineering on their car is immaculate. I'm close on top speed. I'm not close on mechanical grip, engineering and driving. Indy should be fun...maybe if I can get past 10 min sessions.

Jeremy Swank

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Brian's record at Grattan was a 1:17.3. Are you sure Steve broke that record?
    I thought his record was a 1:18.124 ?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...Grattan-Record

Can you point to a reference ? Not calling you out , but I looked everywhere before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by f500racer View Post
    He did not turn under a 1:17:3. Steve is not this fast because of a 593 2 stroke. His driving is spot on and the engineering on their car is immaculate. I'm close on top speed. I'm not close on mechanical grip, engineering and driving. Indy should be fun...maybe if I can get past 10 min sessions.

Jeremy Swank
    I totally agree that Steve is not fast JUST BECAUSE of a 593 (BTW i never said anything about a 593 in particular but it seems as if people associate the 593 with being the motor to have). My point is that the vast majority of the two strokes in this class thinks that the reason a MC car wins when steve isn't around is solely due to it being a MC drive train. However, when steve shows up it's a different story (SEE BELOW QUOTE). Case in point......every majors race steve has been to this season.....two of which the very car that whooped everyone hands down at daytona was whooped itself. I really wish steve had went to road america this year so he would've broken the track record that everyone seems to think was a perfect lap where all of the stars aligned and will never be broke again. As a matter of fact, it seems as if all of the stars aligned themselves everywhere steve has went this year.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    It seems as if there's only one guy on the two stroke side that has his act together with the tuning AND THE DRIVING.
    Bottom line, to ALL of the people that cried about why they're not competitive and couldn't keep up with the four stroke this year........told ya so........ Maybe you should get Steve to show you how to drive and set up your car........oh wait a minute........you won't do that because you won't have any more theories on why the guys that have four strokes are ahead of you.

Liked: 56

I agree. And to be clear, I also know the reason you and Calvin are faster than me is not because of a four stroke.

See you at Indy.

Liked: 91

Default Grattan track records

I thought his record was a 1:18.124 ?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...Grattan-Record

Can you point to a reference ? Not calling you out , but I looked everywhere before posting.
    You may be right. Our time for him was a 1:17.4 and it was posted for nearly 10 years on the WMR website as a 1:17.3 something. So I am not sure wassup with the record. I will try to check it out.
    Last edited by Jnovak; 08.14.17 at 4:34 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

I sent the region a request. The lap records section on their website has no info at all. Just blank.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

That's why I just went off of Brian's response on the link I posted.

That's why I just went off of Brian's response on the link I posted.
    I trust what Brian says!

PS, good luck at the Runoffs Clint!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 20

I don't think we got into the 17s in a race, but we were in the 17s in practice or Q. I can't really remember anymore.

Congrats to Steve!

Brian

Thanks for the update Brian

I begged Brian to let me put tires on the car for the race. He said to save the money for the Runoffs. He was right.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Thread Information