Thread: March Body work

Liked: 0

Default March Body work

Hi there,

Does anyone have a source who still produces, or has the moulds to produce March 79/80A bodywork?

Thank you

Kyle

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

Someone else can chime in with the specifics, but I believe that Precision Mouldings in the UK can produce most of the stuff used for small formula, as they were the OEM. I have the contact info at home - guy's name is Simon.

Here in the US you might contact Wayne Mitchell (dogrings.com) - he was the March guy for awhile, and have you contacted folks via Marchives?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Default Precision

When I restored my 78B, Precision supplied an entire body including that weirdo windshield. Everything, and I mean everything, was gorgeous right out of the box. And expensive!

My view: they were/are well worth it.

Cheers,
    BT

Liked: 0

Thank you. I haven't been able to find any contact details for Simon at Precision, if you have them please send them across!

Again, thanks for your input.

Liked: 33

Default 79/80 March body work

hello kyle,
    i have an 80 March cockpit/center section, with a cracked windshield, i may be interested in selling.
    i also have a mold for the 79B engine cover/tail and can make parts.
    i'm located in northern illinois.
    i'll pm my contact info.
    regards,
    fletch
    March 79V

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 4

Default March nose and center section

I have a used nose and center section that I would like to sell. I am in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks,
    Greg Lapinski
    503-756-5567

Liked: 35

Default Have Moulds

I have a complete set of body molds for the 81A March. The body work is slightly different than the 80, but the tubs are near identical, so I believe the 81A body parts would fit as a unit on the 80. I can get more photos if you are interested. Best part is that they are here in the States!

Robert Metcalf

Liked: 9

Kyle,
    If I remember correctly the 79, 80, and 81 upper body panel and nose are markedly different. Most notably where the body panel and nose meet. The 79 is flat. The 80 upper body is more rounded and angled from the windscreen forward and down and the nose to panel mating is more complex. The 81 has yet more compound angles. I can't picture any of the 3 being easily interchangeable.
    Attached is a picture of my former 80 (with 79 sidepods) which may help.
    Andy Gilberg at Marchives would most likely know for certain.
    Regards,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information