Liked: 35

For Sale Lola T-9100 Race ready, Complete, Must Sell

I am handling the sale of this car for a friend who needs to sell it quickly. It is a 1991 Lola Indy car powered by an Ilmor/Chevy 265A. The car is absolutely ready to go. It has been professionally prepped by Metcalf Racing and gotten the best of everything. No skrimping on this car! Originally driven by John Andretti for Hall-VDS Racing of Midland, Texas. Andretti won the opening round of the '91 season at Surfer's Paradise. We have been running the car in SVRA and HSR events. Last time out was at the Indy SVRA race in June 2015. Engine was built by Chuck Cornelison at VDS Engines in Indianapolis. It was a major rebuild including new block, crank, pistons, etc. Run only at Indy since the rebuild. Approx 2 1/4 hours running time.

The car is in excellent condition. Paint and graphics are original and in great shape. Uses all AN hoses, AN or Mil Spec fasteners, NMB rod ends, parts always replaced before service life limit. Suspension is powder coated silver, not plated (no risk of acid damage). Everything is properly prepped, the car finishes every session. No DNFs. It comes with hordes of good, usable spares such as wheel sets, gear sets, radiators, A-arms, calipers, brake pads, headers, body parts, two spare rear wing assemblies painted and ready to mount, one nose and wing assembly painted and ready to mount, etc, etc. Uses Penske shocks, Pi dash and data system. Support equipment included as well: oil heater, water heater/circulator, laptop with software, pickle equipment, starter with 36 volt charger - in short, everything you need to run the car.

The owner is in a spot and needs to sell the car in the next few days. It will not be available much longer. He is willing to take a big loss on it to sell quickly. It is valued, in the condition, and with the spares and support equipment at $200,000. He told me to price it as a bargain and I suggested $140,000. He countered with $120,000! ... and that is negotiable. If you have always wanted to drive an Indy car, this is your chance to get one of the best prepared cars around at an absolute bargain price. Please PM me with any questions that you may have. I'm here to help.

PS The car also has a spare Ilmor/Chevy 265A engine freshly rebuilt with dyno time only (also with new block) at VDS Engines. Ten thousand is still owed on it. If you add $10k to the sales price, you can own a fresh spare engine for a ridiculously low price. Just the rebuild was much higher than this!

Robert Metcalf
    Metcalf Racing

Liked: 18

Robert,

Where is the car located?

Ross

Located in Dallas, Texas.

Nice photos as usual, Mark. thanks for sharing. I was not aware that the car carried the number "4" at that time. We have it numbered as "8".

Liked: 80

8 was in '92

i thought it was a 9200 that year.

That explains it. They ran the car in '91 and '92. If they used #8 in '92, that's why it is #8 now.

Liked: 18

Robert,

Would this car accomodate a fairly large driver? I have a Lola T400 and a PC-10 that I fit in, but this one looks smaller?

Ross

Not sure, Ross. In the photos, the car has a seat insert installed. Measuring the tub, the shoulder area looks to be about 22" in width. The hip area right at the floor is 19" and gets larger as height above the floor rises. I expect that it will fit a driver of almost any normal height range. We have three Indy cars here at the moment, a 98 Lola, a 92 Galmer and this 91 Lola. All three seem to be about the same in cockpit dimensions. If you need specific dimensions, I'll be glad to measure.

Robert Metcalf

Liked: 2

Default Great deal !

I'm hoping I have a long lost uncle who has passed and left me something , what a great car for a great price.

Default Rich Uncle

Yeah, its not often you come upon a complete car, ready to campaign, with the compliment of spares this one has at such a low price.

No longer available. Car has found a new owner.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 27

Default Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by true racer View Post
    No longer available. Car has found a new owner.
    So Graham, does your "liking" this post mean you bought the car? If so, Congratulations!

... but I do hope it doesn't push the Mk.6 LeGrand project to the back of the shop!

- Gerhard

Thread Information