Liked: 0

For Sale 2006 Pro Formula Mazda - Elan DP02 Conversion

Hi and thanks for stopping by. Up for sale is a 2006 Pro Formula Mazda - Elan DP02 conversion. It still has a rotary engine. Other than the associated engine parts and management system, it is a DP02. It is currently running in SCCA P1. When I bought the car, it was being raced as an endurance racer in NASA. It was originally maintained by WorldSpeed in Northern California. Most recently, over the past 3+ years, the car has been maintained exclusively by Jeff Shafer at One Motorsports. It has a reliable, rotary engine. It can be used for sprint or endurance racing. It comes with an extra set of wheels and an extra Dauntless wing. It has paddle shifting and a current SCCA log book. It is race ready. $55k or best offer. Interesting trades considered. Joe Painmd@cox.net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sandman; 07.28.17 at 8:23 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Liked: 13

for sale is a 2006 Pro Formula Mazda - Elan DP02 conversion.

Joe, -- Great to chat with you again.

Mike here - the old yellow # 72 CSR when we raced together.

Beautiful car. We need to talk. Need some more info on the car.

I will drop you an e-mail next week.

Thanks. Mike
    Last edited by Malfred; 08.01.17 at 12:49 PM.

Mike, thank you for your interest. I sent you an email response. Joe[

QUOTE=Malfred;542341]
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Hi and thanks for stopping by. Up for sale is a 2006 Pro Formula Mazda - Elan DP02 conversion. It still has a rotary engine. Other than the associated engine parts and management system, it is a DP02. It is currently running in SCCA P1. When I bought the car, it was being raced as an endurance racer in NASA. It was originally maintained by WorldSpeed in Northern California. Most recently, over the past 3+ years, the car has been maintained exclusively by Jeff Shafer at One Motorsports. It has a reliable, rotary engine. It can be used for sprint or endurance racing. It comes with an extra set of wheels and an extra Dauntless wing. It has paddle shifting and a current SCCA log book. It is race ready. $55k or best offer. Interesting trades considered. Joe Painmd@cox.net

Joe, -- Great to chat with you again. Mike Alfred here - the old yellow # 72 CSR when we raced together.

Beautiful car. We need to talk. Need some more info on the car.

I will drop you an e-mail next week. Thanks. Mike

Default Pending Deal fell through. New lower price

Price change $52.5k

Mike, thank you for your interest. I sent you an email response. Joe[

QUOTE=Malfred;542341]

Default SOLD - Thanks ApexSpeed

Price change $52.5k
    Car now resides in Florida. Thanks for the interest.

Default Would like to understand how to DP02 convert

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in buying and racing a DP02 in SCCA P1.

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]I'd like to buy the new updated bodywork for my new car. Wondering if it would be a more economic a build if I use a [/FONT]donor[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif] pro Mazda, as they are seemingly well priced these days.
    [/FONT]
    Saving the 20K difference between used DP02 and Pro Mazda would be nice as that money could go in to the quite expensive new body. I just don't know what extra expenses there would be converting formula car to prototype and if that rought is ultimately more affordable than just buying an inexpensive 2 liter DP02?

Really appreciate any though on my project.

Thanks,

Liked: 285

I don't think you'll find any cost savings. Only makes sense if you have a PFM and want to convert it to P1, or want to run Rotary power in P1.

You are better off buying the best condition DP-02 you can find if that's what you want.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default convert to P1

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    I don't think you'll find any cost savings. Only makes sense if you have a PFM and want to convert it to P1, or want to run Rotary power in P1.

You are better off buying the best condition DP-02 you can find if that's what you want.
    Hello
    I converted my FC TO FB TO P2 the body kit and floor extensions and rear wing and front & rear diffusers
    was around $8000.00 convert from FB to P2, that included no labor and time. but all the parts and paint.

Thank you for the advice..

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default DP02 Conversion

Wolf Man:

I own the Pro Mazda DP02 conversion. Great car! Have completed numerous upgrades. May consider selling if interested. You are welcome to contact me at ed@wditampa.com.

Thanks,

Ed

Thread Information