Liked: 72

Default Gingerman Majors Race 2 Attention: Two stokes

Surprise, surprise Thompson wins again! Looks like a certain portion of our class has been crying about the wrong people all season. Everything that has been complained about all year has came to life in a major way except its on their side of the fence. While everyone has been crying about why the four strokes are beating them Thompson has been hard at work preparing his car and it shows! Great job Steve, I wish everyone with your power plant would put the effort into that you do. It would certainly make a huge difference if they did. Oh, and yes I will say it ..........told ya so.........now quit crying about why you can't beat a four stroke because the man to catch has already showed everyone what the 593 is capable of this weekend.
    Last edited by clint; 07.09.17 at 5:37 PM.

Liked: 896

Correct Clint.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 13

Post Letters to the CRB

So can we all ask the 593s to have smaller restrictors and be bumped to 875#
    They are clearly to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bluterek155 View Post
    So can we all ask the 593s to have smaller restrictors and be bumped to 875#
    They are clearly to fast.
    As much as I want to say yes, I would vote to just wait and see what happens at the runoffs. Although for comparison purposes it would be much easier to achieve parity I'd the two power plants were the same weight. Personally I think the MC motor should have 31s on the short track and 30s on the big ovals. Since no one has yet to break the record at road America ,I wouldn't consider that a 30mm track. Just my opinion though.

Liked: 13

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    As much as I want to say yes, I would vote to just wait and see what happens at the runoffs. Although for comparison purposes it would be much easier to achieve parity I'd the two power plants were the same weight. Personally I think the MC motor should have 31s on the short track and 30s on the big ovals. Since no one has yet to break the record at road America ,I wouldn't consider that a 30mm track. Just my opinion though.
    I am not going to write in with a knee jerk reaction from one race like some others have done when the MC power does well. I do hope people see how fast the 593s truly are when they work as hard as Steve does. I think the 593s setup correctly have the advantage and would like to see MC go back to 30s if not 31s.

Quote Originally Posted by bluterek155 View Post
    I am not going to write in with a knee jerk reaction from one race like some others have done when the MC power does well. I do hope people see how fast the 593s truly are when they work as hard as Steve does. I think
    the 593s setup correctly have the advantage and would like to see MC go back to 30s if not 31s.
    You and I are on the same page. I certainly wouldn't want to do anything the way they have done things this year. Problem is, there's really only one guy currently in the class that has "what it takes" to put the car upfront and doesn't sand bag. In my opinion Steve just wants to race. He's always been fast but has never had the tuning to put him up front until last couple of years. It doesn't hurt matters any that he happens to have to best tuner in world (litterly) tuning his car. Without Steve coming out to the big tracks when the other four strokes are there all we will continue to get is the bunch of guys that have seem to have a less than desirable comparison for parity purposes explaining why they think their times are so far off of the MC cars. (Yes I have to be a bit more polite due to the warning posted publicly, if you would like the unedited version come see me face to face and I will give it) .

Liked: 896

The record at RA is still held by a 2 stroke. Would love for Steve to break it and i am sure that he can. Great team. Congrats you have earned your wins and your Championship.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Thread Information