Liked: 2

Default CDS CoPilot 2+ Help

I am admitting defeat and seeking input from anyone that might be able to solve this problem:

I have a Competition Data Systems Copilot 2+ with an SSI and GPS2 linked to a Pectel T6 in my 008 with a 1600cc engine. This system was purchased approx. 8 years ago by one of the car's previous owners and never installed. According to CDS, I have the correct configuration file that was written for my SSI and the Pectel T6 interface. However, all of my analog engine sensors are reading nonsensical values. With the car off, water and oil temperatures read in the 400s, fuel and oil pressure read in the 250 lbs/in range. With the engine running, the values go up from there, with oil pressure reading in the 700s, fuel pressure in the 400s, and the temps slowing climbing from the 400s as it warms up. I sent the ECU out and had it checked; it is operating properly and is set to transmit data on the proper channel for the SSI. My best guess is that the algorithms for each of these sensors (e.g. at X voltage the sensor will read Y value) are incorrect in the configuration file. I've tried graphing the current sensor configuration values and overlaying a best-fit curve to try and determine the formula for the correct voltage values, but that didn't work well. I was told that configuring each of the sensors individually within the CDS Link software with the pre-loaded configuration files will only work for sensors directly connected to an SSI, and not for sensors sending information to the SSI through an ECU, so that option doesn't work either. I am at a loss and CDS has told me they essentially don't have an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been chasing this for almost three weeks ; if it can't be resolved soon, I am tearing everything out of the car and starting over with an AiM system. Before I spend the $$$$$ to do that, I figured I would put it out to the community, who collectively have infinitely more experience than I do.

-Kyle

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

I can't offer any help, but have you talked with John Block www.auto-ware.com or David/Ellen Ferfuson at www.veracitydata.com? They are both CDS dealers and may be able to offer some help.

Liked: 2

I have not, but thank you for suggesting them. I will give them a call.

Thread Information