Liked: 68

Default LeMans Success for Pacific F2000 Alumnus David Cheng

Congratulations to David Cheng, who contested the Pacific F2000 series for several years with PR1 Racing and now has his own WEC team with backing from actor Jackie Chan. This year David entered two cars in LMP2 for the 24 hours of LeMans. At the end of the race, one of his cars was classified second overall, and first in LMP2. The other car (co-driven by David himself) was classified fourth overall and third in LMP2. After the race the Rebellion Racing entry was excluded for a technical infraction, elevating the second Jackie Chan/DC JOTA Racing car to third overall and second in LMP2. Here is what David had to say about their results:

Hello everyone! I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone pouring in your support for us.
    To have at one point lead the race overall and to have both our Dunlop equipped Oreca07 Gibsons on the overall podium and claiming the LMP2 victory and second place was an historical moment. to raise the flag of my birth country for the first time in history on the overall podium of Le Mans for our Chinese team is my proudest moment. One that I will surely rem...ember for the rest of my life.
    In motorsports, as in life. A monumental task cannot be completed by one man alone
    And I have so many people to thank. My amazing teammates and co-drivers and everyone associated with our Jackie Chan DC Racing x Jota Sport team has worked relentlessly and dedicated all that they have to make this dream a reality and I am beyond grateful and humbled by their efforts. To our co-founder Jackie Chan and Sparkle Roll group and all of our partners who believes in us I am indebted to your continued support.
    And to my family, friends, colleagues and everyone who has helped, supported and shaped me as a driver, team owner and most importantly into the person that I am today. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
    We would like to appreciate all our on track competitors for making this an incredible year of fierce battles and challenging us to push ourselves to the limit.
    Our sincere condolences goes out, in the wake of recent events, to one of our main 24 hours of Le Mans race and World Endurance Championship title rivals, Valiante Rebellion Racing.
    Our hearts goes out to Toyota Gazoo racing but seeing their statement of continued commitment. we are humbled to be on the grid with you.
    On behalf of Jackie Chan DC Racing x Jota Sport we would like to congratulate Porsche on their 19th overall victory.
    #jackiechan #dcracing #jota #fortunecat37 #bangolufsen #richardmille #paso #synergy #dunlop #oreca07 #lmp2 #lemans24 #lm24 #wec #fia #racing #racecar #motorsport #winning #overall #podiumfinish

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information