Liked: 447

Default GingerMan Majors - July 8-9th 2017

Is there any chance of maintaining some kind of momentum for the car counts we've had in FE for CenDiv races this year?!? Who's headed to South Haven, MI in a few weeks?

Entered
    --------------------------------
    Burger, Clemens
    Dziewior, James
    Smith, Daniel
    Cutter, Mat
    Oppermann, Dean
    Carter, Keith
    Cook, Sabré
    Finlayson, Elliot

Planning on attending
    -------------------------------
    Dale Vandenbush
    Last edited by Keith Carter; 06.30.17 at 7:33 PM.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 43

Elliot will be there

Liked: 10

I am registered.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by MAC Racing View Post
    I am registered.

Mat
    Glad to hear. Sorry about your mother-in-law.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 218

Dale VandenBush will be there.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

8 officially entered with one in the wings... What are the odds of a split start seeing that we're 8 of the 27 cars right now in the group? Anyone else planning on attending?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 14

Default Gingerman majors..

I'll be there....93 VD
    Last edited by racerjon; 06.30.17 at 8:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racerjon View Post
    I'll be there, Back after taking...LOL, a little time away from the sport.....93 VD
    See you there, Jon! I see the 93VD at the end of your comment so you won't be there in FE, right?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 14

Default gingerman

I'm entered IN FC.....Thanks Keith John F

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

With 6 FCs, we're creeping up on challenging FE for turnout bragging rights. I'm hoping we can put a real good group together. 30 cars in group as it stands now.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

Liked: 177

Nothing like a 20 second spread in lap times to make a run group interesting.... The wife and I had a good time overall other than starting from the back both days due to broken hub bolts and a tire slipping 180 degrees on the right rear causing crazy vibrations during the qualify session... Saturday the hub bolts came loose after replacing 3 of them that broke causing me to come in early after making up 4 positions in the race. What might have been had I been able to put a single decent qualify lap in on Sundays qualify. Would have been nice to fight for a podium in my last race before the Runoffs but can't really make an excuse considering Elliot made it from dead last to 1st in something like 6 laps

I hear from multiple sources that we are getting new tire compounds mid August (more than likely after Gratton I assume as it is the last Majors race?) So, does anybody agree that the new tires should be delivered just before the Runoffs (mid September) so we all have an equal shot at testing them during the Indy test days and not before?
    I race communist race cars.

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling, there are rules." - Walter Sobchak

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
    I hear from multiple sources that we are getting new tire compounds mid August (more than likely after Gratton I assume as it is the last Majors race?) So, does anybody agree that the new tires should be delivered just before the Runoffs (mid September) so we all have an equal shot at testing them during the Indy test days and not before?
    Well, the new tire is out, and some people have run them. So, there is no holding back at this time, and it seems that the timing hasn't really bothered too many people. I still don't understand how anybody can think that introducing a new tire only weeks before the Runoffs is a good idea. My problem is that I have no idea how the new tire degrades and how many sets I need for the Runoffs. One set? Two sets? Or even three sets? The latter would be more than what I have used all season.

I totally expect that the new tire is more fun to drive on, but timing for the introduction was very poor.

Clemens

Thread Information