Thread: FM Tire costs

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default FM Tire costs

I am considering purchasing an FM as an addtion to my Vintage CF. Running the CF in AZ on Toyos, tire budget is basically a non issue, think 650/set for a full season , say 8 weekends of 8 sessions a weekend
    What are costs, and life of FM tires? Any other consumables that differ a lot from s serius CF effort?

Liked: 19

Default FM tires

A set of the current Goodyear tires is $1,100 + or - mounted. Last? As long as you want to be competitive.

Liked: 530

If similar to FE, then competitive for about 4 heat cycles. Serious racers generally have 2 sets available per weekend.

Tires can still be run through 16 heat cycles but just not that competitive. When I ran FE, I would stretch the life out of them in non-competitive events such as HPDE / practice.

Liked: 12

Yep, what he said. $1100 a set. 3-4 heat cycles is really where they are nice. They don't drop very much, but they do drop every session after 4. Max I have done was about 18 sessions on a set. SLOOOOOOW but still had meat on em. I was about 3s/lap off with them.

In FM you really have to consider all consumables. There is a thread on here somewhere about it, but basically:
    -Tires (as many as you want to run really)
    -Oil change every race weekend
    -Average one gear set and dog ring a race weekend
    -CV's probly every other year
    -ALL HEIMS every 40 hrs! Trust me on this one. ;0)
    -Fuel cell and all fuel lines every 5 years
    -Engine refresh/rebuild (different ppl say different things) 5-7 yrs
    -Brake pads every 2-3 race weekends, rotors every ?4?

What else am I forgetting guys?

Thread Information