Thread: Shame on SVRA

Liked: 101

Default Shame on SVRA

Saw the entry list for Indy 2017 , some great drivers and great cars !
    Also saw some drivers that where given 13 month sit downs , yet they are running at this event .
    Why does SVRA not honor the rule, I guess if you open your wallet wide enough you can buy your way around this RULE.

What a shame !!!!!!!!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1486

who's here that's on the list?

Rick,
    You should ask Rick Parent !!!
    One car was in our group at Auto Club
    Good Luck, have fun

Default Crash at svra Indy

Well, I wonder if SVRA will give any of the Formula Vee's a thirteen month sit down after the Big One ?

Liked: 247

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Well, I wonder if SVRA will give any of the Formula Vee's a thirteen month sit down after the Big One ?
    I doubt any of the Formula Vee drivers would mind if they were, the only reason most of them were there was to get track time for the Runoffs.

Brian

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Devil's advocate....

Why should any of those FV drivers be given a 13mo sit down? I didn't see anything in the onboard video I saw that suggests any of them should.

One driver misses a shift or has a mechanical a handful of seconds after the green, somebody else launches off the slowed car's rear tire. The mayhem after that appears to be people collecting each other or getting collected after hitting wall and presumably breaking related components.

Default post #4

post #4 was made because SVRA tends to look at dollars before the thirteen month rule !
    There drivers at Indy this next weekend that SHOULD not be in the event.

Banned

post #4 was made because SVRA tends to look at dollars before the thirteen month rule !
    There drivers at Indy this next weekend that SHOULD not be in the event.
    It's rare that a club racing organization does anything different....

As to drivers that should not have been there....are you certain they received 13month suspension and were not previously placed on 13 month probation?

The 13 month suspensions are in effect as we speak

Talk with rick parent

I am referring to drivers that will be at the next Indy event

Banned

The 13 month suspensions are in effect as we speak. Talk with rick parent. I am referring to drivers that will be at the next Indy event

I assure you that if I was in that run group I most certainly would be speaking to him, I would also be encouraging other drivers in the run group to do the same.

All the talking, complaining, emails and web forum chatter don't matter if the entry fees keep coming in. That's the only tangible metric to determine how well the club is meeting the expectations of their customers. Enter the race, renew your membership and all the rest is just dismissed as sour grapes or whining.

Just my opinion, so I could be wrong.

Been at this for 20 plus years, taken out twice in on day, spoke with Tony P. and he just started cussing at me.

Done

Banned

Been at this for 20 plus years, taken out twice in on day, spoke with Tony P. and he just started cussing at me.

Done
    That's one way to chase your customer away.

I raced from 1988 to 2006 with a variety of organizations, in a variety of disciplines, likely close to 200 events. I think I may have had one season in there without contact. I was never treated unfairly or more importantly, unprofessionally by any race steward. Even when I thought they were wrong, they were still fair and consistent. I wouldn't tolerate being cussed at by an official of any organization. I'd be done with too.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

I've been a member of SVRA for 20+ years and run at many venue. I have no interest in Indy as it has a history of out of control incidents. Does anyone remember the first year SVRA was there and a Porsche ran over the cockpit of a FV. What were those 2 cars doing out at the same time?

Liked: 27

Where is this list of drivers that were given 13 month sit downs ? I'd love to see it. And tell me, you ever had a bad day and hollered at someone ? I've had a few chats with Tony, I thought he was a pretty good guy.
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post
    Where is this list of drivers that were given 13 month sit downs ? I'd love to see it.
    The list is not publicly shared outside of VMC (Vintage Motorsports Council) club members and assigned liaisons . Each club is 'asked' to report incidents as they occur along with the associated probation/suspension. The list is sent out regularly, and I can assure you it does exist. The purpose is to raise awareness of drivers that who have had issues and may race elsewhere to avoid additional sanctions ... a VMC club is not obligated to report or track.

Vintage Racer Group (VRG) does take this list seriously as well as reporting (ask me how I know?). There was a time when the SVRA did the same, it is a shame to see them stray from the spirit of vintage racing. However, they are a for-profit company and can do what they like ... I suggest if you do not like, then you should vote with your check book. I DO!!

--- Christopher Shoemaker
    Royale Racing, LLC

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information