Liked: 444

For Sale 1979 PRS RH-01 + Trailer

SOLD

i'm posting this for a friend that was recently diagnosed with leukemia.

The Most complete race package anyone will ever buy, no cost has been spared.

diagnosed with leukemia changes everything, you will see from the ad i was not planning on selling my car.
    car is painted in base coat clear coat, absolutely gorgeous, put plastic chip guard on nose, 2nd brand new nose, painted and chip guard, 2nd nose has not been on track. complete second body (yellow) not as nice as what is on the car but in good shape. includes extra yellow nose and mold for nose construction. 2nd body has some small stress cracks, decent paint.

Rollin butler engine with 1 race, also broke track record at homestead international after repower may 2017 with new engine. SCAT crank, forged pistons, I always tell Rollin to put the good stuff in. Engines fresh every year from Butler, technical James Lee, Lee Racing, all parts from Neil porter, Pat Prince, Pegasus and Taylor. legal lightened fly wheel, Rollin butler states he will be happy to answer any question you may have. www.butlerengines.com. i always have a spare engine built you may have just seen it sold on ApexSpeed. James Lee does all my setups and technical that i can not do. he will be happy to answer any questions you may have on the car.

when i exchange an engine i always put all expected new parts in as well, clutch, bearings and common parts. (2013) hi tech headers, also have original for sample if damaged. custom made for car from hi tech, they are beautiful. (2013) fuel safe custom fuel cell.

(2013) mk9 rebuild with new case, complete rebuild including ring and pinion and all bearings seals, any part with wear was exchanged. i change the dogs every year, just changed 6 months ago. shifts great, all gears for all tracks in southeast and more. when i purchase gears i always purchased new, all parts from Taylor. plug removal tool and gear stack tray. also have multiple manuals. not sure how many sets of gears i have but at least over 20. new set of studs and nuts for rear cover in spares. spare slave cylinder bracket. long stud on right upper cover snapped. have new studs, broken stud must be extracted. does not leak. this is on the final cover or the very rear cover.

complete set of new arms, pat prince, almost complete set of used. 2 rear uprights, 2 front uprights, spare axle fits left and right, 4 trailing arms, steering gear link. complete set of ends as spares. rear hub shafts and spare yokes, new rear upright bearings in boxes. last bearing change was 2014, spare front bearings in boxes as well. always purchased the expensive aviation bearings except for front spindles. car has adjustable Penske gold shocks, have always kept 150 lb of nitrogen in shocks, no leaks.

2 sets of beautiful Panasports, 1 set recently new from Neil Porter, second set i sent out and had them reconditioned. tire guys know how picky i am with my wheels, 1 set of tires with 1 heat cycle, i set of stickers mounted and bagged in trailer. rains are 1.5 years old bagged and are mounted on 3rd set of wheels. Neil porter made me a custom set of billet motor mount cones, really nice. Neil Porter aluminum radiator , new brake master cylinders installed may 2017, changed them every 4 years, rebuild kits and saved some of the take offs. new clutch slave cylinder in box, never had trouble just always made sure i have a spare of everything. may 2017 changed all braided oil lines, no failure but kept the old for spares. multiple sets of new brake pads in the box, brakes new November 2016. spare front and rear rotors along with front and rear brake calipers. spare calipers were rebuilt before being a spare. new rotors from Neil Porter2 years ago. i have 2 or 3 spares of every fastener, clip and spring.

Spare carburetor, distributor, starter, fuel pump, multiple new fuel pump spacers, cylinder head cast, intake manifold, new and used clutches, used pressure plate, new and used throw out bearings, complete new Pertronics, extra new Pertronics wheels, complete set of used radiator and engine hoses, multiple new water pump belts and of course wires, plugs distributor caps, spare good radiator, quick jack, i am writing this from my hospital bed and probably missed a 3rd of the spares. car has a super starter from Pegasus. everyone comes to my trailer when they break.

car wired and just over one year old Motorola radios, purchased from track side specialties with chargers and head set. aim solo dl data, works great, and charger. replay xd digital camera with charger, large chip and charger, can use all weekend without download. 8 month old lithium 6 pound battery with power to spare, lithium charger included plugs into battery port. really sweet set up, very expensive but you don’t have to worry about restarts.

it does not stop there, 2012 south Georgia trailer 22 ft long. new tires may 2017, electric brakes and has a 6 ft tall mac side box with all bearing drawers, all spares fit in mac box. mac box has a value of 1,500 used, not scratched. new all weather door for side door, clear plastic and vinyl made at custom upholstery shop, has not been used. spare tire as well. trailer is white and bronze and does not have black streaks. front is diamond plate. trailer has extended tongue and has breaker box and outlets. the trailer does have decals that will have to be removed.

i have a spare frame, some rust, damage on left rear, spare frame would be very useful if you damaged pick up points. i do have a complete rear bulkhead jigged for the car ready to go. extra seat along with factory seat in the car. i am 5’10 188 pounds and fit in the car nicely with a seat, the factory seat is an adjustable front to back seat of hard plastic, i always liked it and i liked the curve for my back. i never poured a custom seat.

You can look at the race results and i always run mid pack of the ff fords db 6 and db1, i generally run 2 seconds behind the fastest ff fords at a SARRC level. 5 time cf SARRC champion in south east, only 1 cf in the south east out of the Atlanta area can run with me. i am always picking on the swifts if not staying with them.

I purchased the car to go to school and ended up loving the car. i spared no expense to make it perfect and dependable. last dnf was in 2013 when i lost the engine. you can see from the dates of the rebuild i completely rebuilt the car.

I also have a Sparco race suit included and 11½ shoes, gloves and unused socks. cool suit included as well, works very well. i have a new bell helmet and HANS device. not looking to sell as may use at a track day after recovery.this is a package you can pick up in south Florida, go to the track of your choice and race, needs nothing. SCCA log book, last tech may 2017, good until may 2018. Belts good through the end of 2018.

SOLD

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BURKY; 07.10.17 at 8:54 PM. Reason: Add contact info

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Last edited by BURKY; 07.10.17 at 8:52 PM.

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 501

Wow !

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Is this Bill Slowiks old car?

Quote Originally Posted by ric baribeault View Post
    Is this Bill Slowiks old car?
    Yes.

Liked: 98

Helpful suggestion: convert that text to lower case.

No one wants to read all caps--it's too much work.

In some parts of the Internet it is considered to be the equivalent to screaming, and very rude.

Liked: 1417

I edited the original post to fix the all caps (the forums shouldn't let that happen anyway ) and fixed most of the typos and line spacing. Should be easier to read and hopefully gets this car sold for the owner.

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 105

Default Great well prepared car

This is a great well prepared car with no expense spared. I raced wheel to wheel with this car in my early days of getting back up to speed in my DB1. Rick is a solid guy who is well liked and respected in any paddock. What ever he says about this car you can take to the bank. My impression of this car is that it is fast and immaculate in preparation and appearance. It would make a great starter or vintage race car. I am very sorry to hear about Rick's health and very sad to lose him and the car on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carter View Post
    I edited the original post to fix the all caps (the forums shouldn't let that happen anyway ) and fixed most of the typos and line spacing. Should be easier to read and hopefully gets this car sold for the owner.
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

This is one of those cars I'd buy in a heartbeat if I just had a little more money!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 908

So sorry to hear about your illness and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Liked: 115

Default Copied to Vintage FF

I copied this listing onto the Facebook group for Vintage FF. Got a lot of views. Hope it helps. More than that, I hope you recover soon. Medicine has come a long way with this.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

SOLD

Thanks ApexSpeed!
    Last edited by BURKY; 06.05.17 at 10:45 AM.

Liked: 115

I ended up with this very nice package - car and trailer. Looking forward to vintage racing it this year - mostly with the RFFCS guys. First outing VIR in April. Hope Rick is doing well.

Thanks,JR!

JG

20. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

I'm glad to see it in good hands and look forward to being on track with it again. Bill was a great guy and a talented driver in the 80's. We had some good battles back then and I had the priveledge of receiving my first ass chewing from him when I first started. And I quote, "you know those things on the side of the car? They're not for downforce. They're called mirrors. Use them." Nearly 40 years ago and I still remember it vividly.

22. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 482

Default Asking price?

Anyone know the asking price? I know some folks find it kinda personal but I am always disappointed when that is gone for the sake of folks researching value of cars down the road. Selling price is nice too but I know that can be even more “private”.

It might help in some insurance claims too. Race car burns up in garage fire...

24. The following 4 users liked this post:

Thread Information