Liked: 530

Default Reynard 91D questions

Anybody familiar with Reynard 90D and 91D cars? I will have many questions, but for now I'm curious if drivers typically had seats in these cars or sat on the floor? I'm medium sized, 5'10" / 185lbs and I fit snugly in the carbon tub without a seat. I could probably fit an inch or two of foam under my bottom, but nothing on the sides. Maybe a thin back pad as well.

Are the later Reynard 96/97D's any larger cockpits? How about Lola T96 or B99?

I'm trying to make a decision on which car I want to step into from the F3000 era.

Appreciate any insight. I'm struggling with this move because the logistics of owning such a car are very unfamiliar to me. Right now I have a PFM and parts are easy to order, data is easily available, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Jack Crone out in SoCal used to take care of one for a customer.

Scott Meehan out in Utah has one for sale I think.

Liked: 3

Default Reynard seat

I have a 89d. I am your size and have a foamed seat on a thin fiberglass base that fits me fine.
    Patrick E Patterson

Liked: 530

Thanks guys.

Thread Information