Liked: 280

Default Registration is Open for Right Coast Race 1 at NJMP

Hi,

Registration for the first event of the 2017 Right Coast Formula F Series presented by American Pen Company is on the Lightning Circuit at New Jersey Motorsports Park on June 3 & 4, 2017 on MotorsportReg.com. We would like to thank the South Jersey Region of the SCCA, particularly JD King & Terry Hanushek, for inviting Right Coast back again this season.

This race weekend is an SCCA Regional race and is a New Jersey Road Racing Series and Mid Atlantic Road Racing Series event as well as our season opener. You will be able to race four times this weekend if you so choose. Race Group 3 is the regional race group (FF, F500,FV, FST & CF) that we will be qualifying in. This qualifying session sets the grid for the NJRRS/MARRS races AND the grid for the first Right Coast Race. The grid for the second Right Coast race will be set by the fastest lap achieved from either the qualifying session or the first RCFFS race.

You can enter the Regional only, the Right Coast race only or enter both events and get a qualifying session, a 15 lap regional qualifying race, a 20 lap regional race and two 20 lap Right Coast Formula F Series races. That would be 15 minutes of qualifying and 65 laps of racing for $550. There is a test day on Friday which is an additional cost for those who want some extra time on the Lightning circuit.

Registration is now open on www.MotorsportReg.com. Those who previously entered on the DLB site have had their entries transferred over and no further action is required. Look for Lightning Challenge on June 1-4. You can register for the test days and the races in one fell swoop. Please let me know if you should have any questions.

So, please enter as quickly as you can or reply to us by e-mail and let us know if you are coming so we can get a headcount for this event. It would be great if we could begin the season with 25 drivers racing, so please let us know.

One new feature that we are instituting this season is that at the evening social at the end of the first day of each race weekend we will vote on which of the two races on the final day will be the “feature” race with the podium finishers being awarded our unique trophies. This would allow those who have towed long distances and would like to get on the road early to have an opportunity to have a chance to race for a trophy.

We are not trying to hustle people out of the track; but we do recognize that we sometimes do not have a great deal of control over the schedule. So we would like to give our drivers this choice.

So, please come and join us at NJMP in June 3 & 4.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski
    1977 Royale RP24 Club Ford #04

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 127

Registered! Looking forward to seeing everyone again, it's been a long off season. Time to shake the rust off the car and driver
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 78

I cant wait it has been a long winter. I already started to pack the trailer.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Registration is Open for Right Coast Race 1 at NJMP

Awesome! Two days in and we have 10 drivers entered. Can we get another ten before the weekend? Can we get 15 more?

Joe Marcinski

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Packing

You are way ahead of me. I have to unpack my trailer this weekend as over the winter it becomes a collection spot for all kinds of stuff I now have to find a home for.

Joe - hope to enter today

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Hey gang,
    We are three weeks out and if all who have told Joe or me that they are coming to the Right Coast season opener at NJMP-Lightning follow through we should be over 20 with lots of time to get us over a good turnout of over two dozen.
    If you are considering joining us, all are welcome regardless of age of car [or driver !] , tire preference or motor , just come and have a June breakout of FF/CF racing.
    The beverage cooler is already full......

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    Awesome! Two days in and we have 10 drivers entered. Can we get another ten before the weekend? Can we get 15 more?

Joe Marcinski
    Angela and I plan on being there....

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Right Coast Race 1 at NJMP

16 days to go and we have 14 entrants, excellent! We have commitments from Angela Slocum, Dave Gernert, Bill Atherholt, Wayne Nicolette and Steve Roux. How about Craig Walker, Ken Arters, Shayne Frebert and Sam Eyer? Can we get you to sign up? 22 cars would be a really great way to start the season.

Joe Marcinski

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    16 days to go and we have 14 entrants, excellent! We have commitments from Angela Slocum, Dave Gernert, Bill Atherholt, Wayne Nicolette and Steve Roux. How about Craig Walker, Ken Arters, Shayne Frebert and Sam Eyer? Can we get you to sign up? 22 cars would be a really great way to start the season.

Joe Marcinski
    We are up to 19, can we make 22?

Default Right Coast Formula F Series Race 1 at NJMP LIghtning

Hi,

We are now 11 days away from load in for the beginning of the 2017 Right Coast Formula F Series presented by American Pen Company. We have nineteen drivers entered and we have two more, Steve Roux and Sam Eyer who will be entering shortly.

21 is a really nice entry, but how about Ken Arters and Craig Walker? How about Dan Pyanowski, Jim MacNicol and Glenn Taylor.

Mark Abel, is your son ready to come and race with us? More is always better so we hope you can find a way to get to NJMP and have some fun racing with us.

Thanks,

Joe Marcinski

17. The following members LIKED this post:

And we made it to 20 entries! Well done...can't wait to get the season started.
    Will Velkoff

Liked: 73

Default Thanks to the group

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post
    And we made it to 20 entries! Well done...can't wait to get the season started.
    Will, nice job yesterday.

Thanks to the whole group for coming to my home track and making the event a great success.

The RCFFS is proof positive that formula F racing is still great and the people surrounding it are the best folks I've ever known.
    JD
    Zink Z10

20. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 78

I had a great time at the event. It was nice to see everyone again. A big thanks to Shayne Frebert!!! I would not have been able to get back on track without his help. BTW this is pay back for driver school... Looking forward to Mid Ohio. I placed a large parts order this morning.

22. The following 2 users liked this post:

First off I'd to say thanks again to all who made this event possible, notably Joe Marcinski., JD King, and Mike Rand.

This event was very well run, and the additional track time with single class racing brought it to the next level. Major props to all the RCFFS drivers, not one full course caution during the 5 sessions.

As I roll into the paddock late Friday night, around 9 pm after a lovely 5 hour tow from Long Island (damn you Cross Bronx and GWB), all is quiet except for some lights and activity in a nearby trailer. As I'm figuring out where I want to park, I see it's Derek Holmes with his gearbox in lots of pieces...broken input shaft, but not to worry, Shayne Frebert is only an hour away with the input shaft out of his car. Great effort by those guys to get the car fixed and out for the morning qualifying session.

So Saturday morning we head out for Q1, cool, cloudy morning with a few sprinkles. This was my first time out on Lightning, and those 15 minutes flew by before we got the checkered flag. A few eager drivers may have taken an extra lap out on track.

Before lunch, RCFFS Race 1 was a blast. Some hard but clean, fun racing with Marcinski and Atherholst. The slippery DB-1 gave the old Club Ford's a difficult time making a pass stick on the straightaways.

Our SCCA Qualifying race was in the afternoon, as I prepare to put the car into gear to pull off the false grid, my foot goes to the floor. Crap. Lost the clutch. As everyone departs the false grid without me, Joby, Max King, my cousin, and maybe a few others (thanks guys!) come see what has happened and we end up working together to get it started. Car in 1st gear, those guys pushing me as fast as they can (lots of clunking sounds), tap the starter button, foot to the floor, and off it goes. I hustle out on the pace lap to try and catch the field, but as I am coming under the bridge to approach turn 7, I see everyone in 2 x 2 formation on the front straight taking the green flag. So I put my head down, and ran hard until I saw a checkered flag, finishing 9th overall over Chuck V. by .003 of a second!

After the race Derek and Shayne help by lending me some parts to make a temporary repair to the clutch line and it ended up holding up through the weekend, thank you guys!

Both races Sunday were a thriller from start to finish, lots of action out there. Wayne Nicolette was definitely the guy no one could catch this weekend, so cheers to him. Came home with a 5th place and 4th place overall finishes this weekend, which felt real nice.

Another shoutout to Max King who took a few of us on a lunch time drive around session to show us the fast way around Lightning! Super fun weekend, I cannot wait for Mid-Ohio! Let's get 25 cars for this one, everyone who is sitting on the sidelines is seriously missing out on a damn good time! The social at Joe's trailer including giveaways and awards from all of the series sponsor was excellent as well.
    Will Velkoff

24. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Default Results

Did anyone get a copy of the results from the last race they would like to share?. I hit the road before they were available.

Will - next time you have no clutch pedal. Have the car running, get them pushing at a quick pace and pop it in gear as you catch it with some gas. It works, used to have clutch problems on the Lola all the time.

Default Right Coast Race Weekend #1

Hi,

Ed, I will send you a copy of the race results when I get back to the hotel tonight and I will also finish up and post a race report tonight.

Joe M.

Contributing Member

Default Results

Thanks Joe but SJ has posted on their site already and got a copy there. They do real nice job in running an event.

Ed

Thread Information