Liked: 7

Default Anyone still making Dry Sump Oil systems for the GSXR engine

Tried contacting 2 people advertising Oil sumps for the GSXR 1000 without that good of results.

The Wet Sump wanted me to wait until he had enough orders to process a PO to a Machine shop to cut them out. I replied with How about a 1 off licensing agreement and a set of prints and I'll machine my own.

Received no reply from the fellow in Australia who is making the Dry Sump.

So any ideas recommendations from you guys

BTW: I have a 2009 GSXR 1000 engine setting here I would like to use if possible

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFin View Post
    Tried contacting 2 people advertising Oil sumps for the GSXR 1000 without that good of results.

The Wet Sump wanted me to wait until he had enough orders to process a PO to a Machine shop to cut them out. I replied with How about a 1 off licensing agreement and a set of prints and I'll machine my own.

Received no reply from the fellow in Australia who is making the Dry Sump.

So any ideas recommendations from you guys

BTW: I have a 2009 GSXR 1000 engine setting here I would like to use if possible
    Hello Joe,
    i have a dry sump system that was used on my AMAC Mk 7. The engine has been converted back to wet sump. Give me a call if you have an interest. Thanks. Tom. 904 412-4997

Liked: 896

Default dry aump

try this guy. he has lots of parts. we built a system for about $1k and just modified our wet sump pan.

http://www.daileyengineering.com/oil-pumps/motorcycle/
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    try this guy. he has lots of parts. we built a system for about $1k and just modified our wet sump pan.

http://www.daileyengineering.com/oil-pumps/motorcycle/

Thanks for sharing the link with me

I was hoping to avoid the engineering and design time required to build up a Dry Sump system But as it is I might have to. Any good references out there ?

Joe

Liked: 273

Default I stock pans

I have brand new 07/08 GSXR1000 wet sump pans in stock at great pricing. I've sold over 35 of them and the same pan is currently on my 2013 Phoenix chassis which has won many Majors races. I machine my own pans and was one of the first to machine them with the forward facing pickup which soon became the preferred method.

I also have a used 07/08 GSXR1000 dry sump kit the was originally built by Jesse Britson. I'd sell it a very reasonable price.

Just my opinion but the 09 GSXR1000 isn't that hot of an engine. It requires several mods to run as a dry sump and doesn't lend itself at all to running as a wet sump.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Quote Originally Posted by ghickman View Post
    Just my opinion but the 09 GSXR1000 isn't that hot of an engine. It requires several mods to run as a dry sump and doesn't lend itself at all to running as a wet sump.
    Would you know what mods it needs to run a dry sump

So far it doesn't look that bad to convert to a Dry Sump. Modify the water pump to have an external shaft and mount the scavenge pump on a belt looks easy enough. Haven't tried pressuring the crank case yet but I don't see where that would be too much of a problem

Sooner or later the world is going to run out of 08 engines

I also have a used 07/08 GSXR1000 dry sump kit the was originally built by Jesse Britson. I'd sell it a very reasonable price.
    Hi Gary, have you still got this? If so, how much you chasing and does it fit a 2006 gsxr? Thanks in advance.

Liked: 273

Default Dry Sump

Quote Originally Posted by Benfairfax View Post
    Hi Gary, have you still got this? If so, how much you chasing and does it fit a 2006 gsxr? Thanks in advance.
    Yes I still have one for sale. I see no reason why it won't work on an 06 GSXR1000, they share the same bottom end for the most part.

It's complete and asking $500 for it. Was used for dyno time only.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 41

Quote Originally Posted by tombungay View Post
    Hello Joe,
    i have a dry sump system that was used on my AMAC Mk 7. The engine has been converted back to wet sump. Give me a call if you have an interest. Thanks. Tom. 904 412-4997
    The dry sump system on the AMAC worked well. An oil pump replaced the stock water pump and an electric water pump was installed. The pan is a Max-Syn.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Yes I still have one for sale. I see no reason why it won't work on an 06 GSXR1000, they share the same bottom end for the most part.

It's complete and asking $500 for it. Was used for dyno time only.

Great, I've sent you PM. If if does not use water pump drive and is newer type then I'll grab it.

Thread Information