Liked: 1

For Sale For Sale Protoform P2

I purchased this car two years ago from AVR Motorsports with the intention of pursuing a bucket list racing career, unfortunately health issues have surfaced and I am forced to sell this car.
    The car was brought to my garage when purchased and has not seen the track since. I have not modified or altered the car in any way. It Passed Tech inspection when purchased and includes log book. Belts will need updating. Otherwise it's very track ready. I am just looking to recoup original cost. Asking $7000.00 CDN with a very extensive spare package. I would consider a partial trade for a car/truck or RV. I also have a Custom Tandem Axle Trailer available at extra cost. Attached is the original advertisement as seen here on ApexSpeed:

1 - The #22 Protoform P2 previously driven by Andrew Waring.
    Recent history: Driven to two F1200 championships in 2004-2005ish seasons by Michael Raikelboom. Most recently campained by Andrew Waring from the end of 2011 season until 2013. While being driven by Andrew under AVR Motorpsorts, he has 9 wins and 24 podium finishes in 38 races in the very competitive Ontario F1200 series.
    Engine: A bit of a frankenstein engine built by previous owner Guy Raikelboom. The story goes that it is a Noble bottom end and Autowerks top end, with tweaks made thereafter by Guy (all legal, internal components have all been checked). Comes with Kapelke manifold and Autowerks intake. Has been most recently tuned by Kapelke. Makes loads of power, one of the strongest engines in the field. 4 weekends on it since last rebuild.
    Transmission: Vallis built short box, 4 weekends on it.
    Beam: Vallis built beam, leaf springs twisted to get ride height, not adjustable.
    Suspension: Rear penske double adjustable shock.
    Tires: 2 seasons old Falken 615K
    Dash: Gauges
    Cooling: Ray Philips' built dual scoop modified into the car. front half of the scoop towards intake, rear half towards a Setrab oil cooler. Modified rear tail to work with the scoop. We had major cooling issues with the car before this mod, now it never gets over 220.

Spares available. List includes:
    - Full spare NEW bodywork, "body in white" with no cuts in it.
    - Spare nose
    - Spare tail, original from #22 car before cooling mods
    - 2 sets of spare trailing arms
    - 2 sets of spare push rods
    - 1 set of spare tie rods
    - 4 spare wheels
    - Front Beam
    - Brake Parts
    - oil cooler
    - ignition parts
    - lots of random small bits
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lowrider92; 05.02.17 at 10:59 AM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

I wonder what shipping would be to kansas us... great looking car! If you weren't foeever and a day away I would be at a minimum coming to check it out! Good luck withthe sale!

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 200

I'm sorry to hear you are selling the car!

Of the 8 formula vee's that we (AVR) owned over the years, including 3 Protoforms, this car with this engine was definitely the fastest package of them all. Andrew Waring had a lot of success in the car.

IMO, with the cooling update, it's much stronger than a standard P2, especially in hot conditions.

This would be a very fast entry for the F1200 grid or the Challenge Cup series...or a National contender
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Thanks...it's painful having to sell this car.

If you are from the US and are considering this car the process of importation is quite simple and I would be willing to deliver the Car to the border @ Buffalo NY.

Post Reduced price. Trades considered

I have painfully reduced the price to $7000 (Canadian) and would consider the option of partial trades. Would consider car, truck, RV, as trades. Not interested in boats or snow mobiles. Lets makes ideal, I can't use this car and it should be enjoyed by somebody! Cheers

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider92 View Post
    I have painfully reduced the price to $7000 (Canadian) and would consider the option of partial trades. Would consider car, truck, RV, as trades. Not interested in boats or snow mobiles. Lets makes ideal, I can't use this car and it should be enjoyed by somebody! Cheers
    Current status of car ?

Liked: 12

Default Pile Of Parts

It is in my garage in a zillion pieces

--Nate

Liked: 0

Default Private Message

Hi I sent you a PM.

Default Interested in your car

Is the car still available?

Liked: 12

Default P2

I now own the car. I am not the original poster. I did not buy it from this poster...maybe the owner after this one. I will likely be putting it on the market later this year as a roller. As I said, it is pretty much completely torn down and needs to be reassembled. If for some reason you really want to buy this car let me know.

--Nate

FYI: This for sale post is from 2017.

Default All OK

Thank you Nate. I missed the dates on this as the post on the car status brought this to the front of the queue. I was interested since it was close by. I am looking for a car, but not urgent. Glad to hear you will be getting it out soon. Thank you for clearing this up.

Robert

Just came across this post, will you be willing to sell or is it long gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrider42 View Post
    I now own the car. I am not the original poster. I did not buy it from this poster...maybe the owner after this one. I will likely be putting it on the market later this year as a roller. As I said, it is pretty much completely torn down and needs to be reassembled. If for some reason you really want to buy this car let me know.

--Nate

FYI: This for sale post is from 2017.

Thread Information