Thread: Rear Drums

Liked: 1871

Default Rear Drums

Have finally started the machining of the drums, and hope to have that part of the operations completed over the weekend (lots of other muct-do-now jobs), and then off for broaching sometime next week. Expect them to be availble in maybe 3 weeks. Will get another batch of casting ordered as soon as these go out the door.

I'll announce here when they are done, and will not be taking orders until they are and I know exactly how many I have.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 19

thanks for the update, i will need to get a couple
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Liked: 17

What was the price on these?

$135 plus shipping

Liked: 114

and they are nicely done pieces...

Liked: 174

I'll take two !

Mark Farnham

Liked: 16

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare
    and will not be taking orders until they are and I know exactly how many I have.
    Noted.
    Stephen Saslow

Drums are done at the broachers, and i will hopefully get them back by Wednesday. i then have to drill and tap them, so, with the number of other things i have happening this week, that most likely will not get done until over the weekend.

Will post then how may are available and start taking orders.

I am hoping to submit any order for at least 50 more castings shortly, but with the foundry lead time and mine, they will not be available until sometime in September.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 23

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to FV and still learning the car and the parts. What is the benefit of these rear drums over what is commercially available?

Paul

Liked: 59

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dogs View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to FV and still learning the car and the parts. What is the benefit of these rear drums over what is commercially available?

Paul
    The drums are much less likely to fail in the manner of the original drums. A number of improvements were made. I'm not aware of any of Pare's drums suffering cracks or failures - have there been? On the other hand, OEM drums have failed in the past and the result is not good.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Drums got back late Thursday. Unfortunately, I got buried in a few last-second jobs for guys going to the Sprints, so I most likely won't get to the stud holes until Tuesday.

Am almost done the drilling, and will finish up the tapping tomorrow ( Saturday). Will have 21 available - 12 others were already spoken for.

Send em ( rpare@prodigy.net) to order, or Apex message. Paypal or CC for payment. $135 each plus shipping ( Fed ex).

Am placing another order for the castings (at least 50). Unfortunately, the costs have risen over the last 15 years, so the price on this next batch will be $150 each, plus shipping. With any luck, these will be ready by the Runoffs, but I cannot guarantee that.

Please do not call to place an order - too much else to get done this weekend and the calls just delay me too much! If you want to pay by CC, message or e-mail me, and if you are in time ( acceptance of orders will be first come, first served), I'll then have you call to give me the CC inf0 ( NEVER send that info in an e-mail!).

Liked: 19

Default Rear drums

Email sent
    Terry Abbott

2-Vector FV's
    1-SM Miata

Only 7 left as of 8pm this evening.

Liked: 14

Email sent...

5 drums still available!

All are gone.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

The new batch of 100 drums are finally ready at the casting house. Should get picked up Monday or Tuesday, then stress relieved, so I won't get them back here until early the next week.

No way will any be done before the Runoffs, unfortunately - just not enough time.They should get done sometime around the end of October - I have a project that has to get out and tested immediately, then into limited production so that it is ready for the Olympics this winter.

Of the 100 drums, 50 are already spoken for.

New price as noted above will be $150 plus shipping.

When the time comes that they are at the broachers and almost ready to ship, I'll post again.

Please do not call or e-mail me to reserve any drums as yet - with the total mess my office is, your order will most likely get lost!

With everything that is already in the front burners, it will most likely be the beginning of November before this batch is ready to go.

Thread Information