Liked: 29

Default Thunderhill Majors

I understand there was a bit of a kerfuffle at Thunderhill today in the FF groy involving Chuck Horn. Does Antony know what Chucks injuries are and how he is doing?

Liked: 65

Last edited by bhayes; 04.06.17 at 5:36 PM.

Liked: 29

Default T'hill

The FF group had some great racing all weekend. Yesterday the first 6 or 8 cars were so tightly packed any mistake was going to be trouble. Thanks for the update. It is good to know everyone is OK. Here's hoping you and Chuck are back on the track very soon.

Last edited by bhayes; 04.06.17 at 5:36 PM.

Liked: 157

Default Wow!

Glad you guys are OK! That was a hard hit.

Motivation to all of us to take safety seriously and then go out and play hard and hope for better luck than what you guys got

Steve

Liked: 16

Why was the video removed?
    Stephen Saslow

Edited version of the video is back up: https://bradhayesracing.com/video/#race-footage

Liked: 34

Quote Originally Posted by bhayes View Post
    Edited version of the video is back up: https://bradhayesracing.com/video/#race-footage
    Did you edit out the impact? Its gone.

Default Thunderhill Majors

Yeah. After the fact, I didn't think it was a great idea to sensationalize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradHayesRacing.com

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Quote Originally Posted by bhayes View Post
    Yeah. After the fact, I didn't think it was a great idea to sensationalize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Having seen the original I'm not sure it's 'sensaitonal' but it did remind me of the behavior of spinning cars. There's nothing to learn from the edited version.

But ultimately your video, your decision.

Liked: 341

I am with Brad on this one. I have a race that ended with contact on video. I have not posted any of that race. Why? I hate voltures. Look on any of the hosted video sites and search for racing video. Count the views. Now look for racing videos and the term "crash" and count the views.

As a racer I watch crash footage too. But as with the others on this site, I suspect the reasoning is very different than the voltures. I watch to learn. What can be done to avoid the crash, to mitigate the impact, to enhance driver safety. For that, it is of value. The volture watches because, "seeing things get destroyed is neat!"

So, combining this with the thread on the new version of the website, I have an idea for the Carter's. Crash video revenue. For those that can prove they hold a valid racing license, they get free viewing of videos (so that we can learn from others misfortune). All others pay to view the crash videos. Maybe the driver can even get a cut of the revenue to help pay for the damage.

Okay, I am kidding of course but the issue is still there. Drivers like us need the crash footage to learn while others frankly do not. How do you solve that problem? I guess it is up to each person posting footage.

Eric Little

Thread Information