Thread: Event Advice

Liked: 2

Default Event Advice

I've been racing my Lola T204 out west with HMSA, CSRG, and SVRA at Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway, Thunderhill, and Portland Intl. Now I have the opportunity to do some racing in the Mid-West and East Coast and would appreciate some advice as to what the best events are in the Mid-West and East from anyone who also races a vintage Formula Ford.

I am anxious to experience some of the famous tracks like Indy, Road America, Barber, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, etc., and am looking forward to making the most of the 2017 season.

Any favorite events/tracks out there? Thanks.

Mike W.
    1972 Lola T204

Contributing Member
    Liked: 98

If only you had a SCCA license. The Gateway event 22 and 23 April has yet to receive a FF entry. Your trophy for the asking!
    For Vintage, I suggest you look at events at Blackhawk (Rockford IL, a very fun track in the Illinois wilderness) and definitely the two big deal events at Elkhart Lake. There is also an event at the Brickyard this year but I assume it will be quite expensive.
    Marty (Your friendly Gateway pace car driver)

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Our local vintage racers run with us every race weekend up here in Brainerd. The 2.5 mile competition course is wide, smooth and with 13 distinct corners and a long straight makes for great racing. We racevMemorial Day Weekend, Trans Am support races on July 1 -2, Labor Day Weekend. The track owners are the best kind of owners !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 83

Default East Coast FF?CF/HF series

Mike, check out our FF Challenge series, including a 50th FF race at Summit Point in May with almost 40 FFs registered.

Dave

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76975

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76079

www.formulafordchallengeseries.com

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Just look at the overall schedules in victory lane

Liked: 301

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information