Liked: 0

Default F-Mod Car For Sale ('84 Red Devil) - SOLD

The car and trailer have sold. They are headed out to Wichita, KS.

Two young kids and other time commitments mean it is time to step away from F-Mod for a while. The car started off as a 1984 Red Devil. It has since been updated/modified several times. I believe it now has a modified KBS back half. The general specs for the car:
    - 493 Motor (3 events since it was freshened up)
    - Polaris Primary
    - Team TSS-04 Secondary
    - Chain Drive
    - Aluminum fuel tank behind/under the seat back(not a fuel cell)
    - 75" wheelbase (was originally a short wheelbase car)
    - Electronic Power Steering

Asking price for the car is $5,000 OBO.

The 12'x6' + v-nose enclosed trailer I use for the car is also available and would add $1,000 to the price of the car.

The car is located in the Tampa, FL area. I will be driving up to Ohio at some point this spring/early summer. So, delivery along that route is a potential option.

The car recently finished first and second (in a field of 6) at the Ft Myers Pro Solo. In 2015, I finished mid-pack at nationals in the car, but I think I'm generally a mid-pack driver at this point.

The car currently has a RaceCapture Pro data logger setup and a Digitron tach/EGT. The data logger is setup with engine RPM, throttle position, steering position, and front brake pressure (in addition to the GPS and accelerometer integrated in the unit). It still requires some tinkering, but it integrates fairly well with the SoloStorm app.

There are a lot of spares that would come with the car. Some of them are well used, others are in good shape. I have a couple motors that need top end work and one that was described as a running junk yard motor. I haven't opened it up yet, but I was expecting to put a set of rings in it. There are a few new 493 pistons and a gasket set. I also have a good used primary clutch. Lots of clutch weights. A few different primary and secondary clutches that I believe were used earlier in the car's history. A few suspension and brake spares. A set of wheels with rain tires (older, but still somewhat soft), and 3 other complete sets of wheels (one with new tires - only ran at the Ft Myers Pro, one with last year's tires, and one with the prior year's tired). I have two more sets of wheels that have 1 rim damaged - both damaged during tire mounting.

Additional Pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/yjxzRm2jXsiFAKzCA
    Last edited by 4x400m; 09.25.17 at 8:53 AM.

Liked: 2

Sorry for the ignorance but what all would it take to make this f500 legal? Awesome looking car and I'm nearby!

I haven't looked into the exact details for this car. The roll hoops have been updated to meet the current requirements. The previous owner had planned to run some hill climbs. So, they updated those components. It still would need at least a fire system and crushable structure in the nose. The biggest potential issue would be the pedal placement relative to the front of the tires. I don't recall the specifics of the rule, but the pedals in this car are likely too far forward. See below.

is car still available ? where is it located? call me franko 702-326-4815 thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kickinax View Post
    is car still available ? where is it located? call me franko 702-326-4815 thanks
    Yes. Still for sale. The car is in the Tampa, FL area. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thread Information