Liked: 0

Default Bought Car/Have questions

I recently purchased an 20yr old Rocketech that I am converting to an autocross car. Trying to figure out were to get parts seems to be difficult. I am going to change over the final drive but trying to figure out where to get the pulleys (it is a belt drive with a two piece final drive/aluminum with a six bolt pattern) and looking for one on the internet is not proving very helpful. Any ideas?

Also I was looking for brake rotors (so I know before I need). I was looking on the Willwood website and could not find anything close to them dimensionally. Was wondering, are they like rotors off quads or motorbikes? Even looking at the Douglas Wheels page wasn't very descriptive. Is there a place somewhere that specializes in these cars that can give me better insight where to find the parts I need?

Thanks

Liked: 14

I believe Doug Marsh originally produced the Rocketech. Don't think he is involved any longer. Here is their website. Place to start.
    https://rocketechmotorspor.wixsite.c...echmotorsports

Leon Mitchell - Mitchell Racing Services is supporting a Rocketech. Here is his FB page.https://www.facebook.com/Mitchell-Ra...3088625582439/

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 2

For belt gears Pfeifer Industries has a lot of options and can do custom gears if they don't have it on the shelf. http://www.pfeiferindustries.com/

I think pretty much everyone is using custom rotors. Mitchell Racing Services may be able to help there or possibly QRE (Invader). I don't have Mike Quadrini's number handy but I'm sure someone can get it to you.
    Brothers
    #60 F500

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 14

I have Quadrini's number. You can PM me.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 227

Welcome to F500! Joining the F500.us forum and posting questions there will get you a lot of good info.

Cory

9. The following members LIKED this post:

I have Quadrini's number. I was given it by the car owners previous teammate. I heard that he had retired so I was only going to bother him if I ran out of other avenues. Thanks for the information though.

I sent an email to Rocketech and I have yet to have a response. So I have a feeling that that avenue might be fruitless.

As for the brakes it has a 5 bolt lug pattern, and everything I am seeing has a 4 bolt. I guess I could design my own and have them made if needed. I am more concerned about finding the right rims. I have 1 set on the car and one mismatched set of 4 rear from two manufacturers. I can't imagine that they were totally custom, that there wasn't an existing vehicle out there that they were patterned after.

Liked: 8

Default rotors

Try Coleman racing,,, don't be afraid when you see all the roundy round stuff they have rotors or can make them among other items you may need.
    http://www.colemanracing.com/Chassis...nsion-C14.aspx
    Dave

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Jsusko51 View Post
    I have Quadrini's number. I was given it by the car owners previous teammate. I heard that he had retired so I was only going to bother him if I ran out of other avenues. Thanks for the information though.

I sent an email to Rocketech and I have yet to have a response. So I have a feeling that that avenue might be fruitless.

As for the brakes it has a 5 bolt lug pattern, and everything I am seeing has a 4 bolt. I guess I could design my own and have them made if needed. I am more concerned about finding the right rims. I have 1 set on the car and one mismatched set of 4 rear from two manufacturers. I can't imagine that they were totally custom, that there wasn't an existing vehicle out there that they were patterned after.
    Don Handley of Red Devil deals in 5 bolt wheels. His business name is "Race Cars of the Future' (406) 494-8245

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks. You guys have been very helpful.

Liked: 227

Mike Q can also get 5-lug rims. I'm not sure the offset on the Rocketech is the same as a Red Devil. Don't hesitate to contact Q. He is a great guy and always willing to help. The main downside to his "retired" status is that he is not stocking too many parts on the shelf anymore.

Cory

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    Mike Q can also get 5-lug rims. I'm not sure the offset on the Rocketech is the same as a Red Devil. Don't hesitate to contact Q. He is a great guy and always willing to help. The main downside to his "retired" status is that he is not stocking too many parts on the shelf anymore.

Cory
    While Q may not have things 'on the shelf' he still has all his sources and will do 3rd party shipping where you deal with Q and Q has the supplier ship the product direct to you - saving double shipping.

Liked: 3

I run a lot of stuff from BMI Karts and Hyper Racing as well.

For instance, I am running these rotors on the rear from Hyper.
    http://www.hyperracing.com/pages/pro...roduct=046-041

On these hubs from BMI.
    http://www.bmikarts.com/Brake-Hub-1-...ore_p_545.html
    Nick Sullivan
    F5 #92
    '97 Red Devil T-27
    facebook.com/SullySpeedShop twitter.com/SullysSpeedShop

Liked: 4

Just FYI Doug built that from a Zink and stretched about to fit him. Then he built his second that Russell Strate was running from the ground up based on his experience with the first. I have contact for Doug if you need it.

Yes, I would like that. It would be nice to have if I need to get ahold of him about questions.

Thread Information