Liked: 68

Default Attn. West Coast Pinto Drivers

Pacific F2000 is pleased to announce that we will be conducting a separate Championship for Pinto engine cars! This Championship will be conducted over the course of three double header events for a total of six races. The dates will be April 28-30 at Buttonwillow Raceway (U.S. Majors Tour/Hoosier Super Tour), June 1-4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (SFR Region Divisional) and September1-3 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (SFR Region Divisional). There will be no spec tire for Pinto engine cars so you may use the tires of your choice. Tech rules are SCCA GCR. There will be separate prize money and trophies for the Pinto class. How much prize money? Essentially, all of the income from entry fees will be going back to the competitors in the form of prize money, thus the more entries, the more prize money. Unlike the Zetec Pacific F2000 drivers, no annual membership fee is needed. Entry fees will be $200 per event (this is in addition to the SCCA entry fee). There has already been interest expressed by a number of drivers. If you are a Pinto driver, and are interested in running with us, please reach out to your fellow Pinto drivers. This series should provide some terrific racing! If you need any other information, please contact me by e-mail at pacificf2000@hotmail.com.

2. The following 9 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

This. More of this. Nice work.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Signup links

If you wish to sign up, please go to www.pacificf2000.com. On the right side of the home page you will see sign up links. You need to click on the top two (Pacific F2000 event registration, and SCCA Majors Tour registration) and sign up. As a Pinto driver there is no need for the Pacific F2000 annual membership registration.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 126

Excellent! Hopefully we can get quite a few West Coast CFCs to come out and race. Count me in.

Last edited by troyt; 03.18.17 at 2:58 AM.
    TroyT - SFR SCCA, VARA, CSRG, SVRA
    www.ThingsThatGoVroom.net
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

Liked: 18

Excellent news!

Liked: 2

Sweet

20 car grids I smell coming !!!!

Liked: 145

Default Well done

Hmmm a place for Pintos to run against Pintos over a three weekend championship series, with most of the races where the cars are located.....an FC Championship that a guy in a 15k 95 VD can win. Well done. Maybe in a few years we can start thinking about venues for a north-south west coast season final.

11. The following 4 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

If anyone knows anyone with a Pinto, pass this thread on to them.
    I've contacted some of you and I've compiled a list of about 20 drivers that I'll be emailing in the next few days. ( I have about 50 names but I'm sure some have long retired )

Contact me with any names that want to be on the list....

Paul @ amerisoftcorp.com

Liked: 384

Cool.
    Looks like Peter is doing splendid job.
    Might be the man to bring good open wheel club racing back to
    West coast.
    Next stop ,getting FE's up to 15 car grids.

Carry on ,Peter.
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

14. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 341

I have plugged Peter and his series before but will do so again. I am not a 2 liter driver. I run FF. The last two years, we have been grouped with the Pacific F2000 for the PRRC. Both years, Peter has been very friendly and helpful. The first year, there was a small change in the schedule and Peter found our pit and made sure we knew of the change. Ever since, each time I see Peter he at the least waves and if there is more time always stops to say hello.

If I had a 2 liter, I would be running with Peter. This sounds like a great opportunity to bring out some Pinto powered cars and hopefully get a dedicated run group (the Pacific F2000 was its own run group at Willow Springs last weekend so with more cars, perhaps you will be again).

If you do come out and race, stop by and say hi at Buttonwillow as we are planning to be there with the FF.

Good luck Peter and group!

Eric Little

16. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1

peter is the best I have raced with them many times great bunch to race with ill be at buttonwillow need some pintos kim wilklcox

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Default All signed up

I signed up a few moments ago.

Remember, CalClub and Pacific do not charge your card until the event.

So, sign up soon and help get others motivated !

sounds like 20+ car FC field at buttonwillow !!!

21. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobwoo View Post
    sounds like 20+ car FC field at buttonwillow !!!
    Someone PLEASE get video of this up. My favorite track, but I've only been running in tin-tops there before. I can't justify a trip back out west this year, but maybe next year. I'd love to run it in an FC. I will live vicariously through your video. Many clicks.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 323

Can someone please post on here what organizations race licenses will be accepted so there won't be any confusion at registration and tech.

Current member and current race license with VARA?

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCade View Post
    Someone PLEASE get video of this up. My favorite track, but I've only been running in tin-tops there before. I can't justify a trip back out west this year, but maybe next year. I'd love to run it in an FC. I will live vicariously through your video. Many clicks.
    If for no other reason, you need to run Buttonwillow for Phil Hill (the turn... not the person.... but if you want to run it for Phil Hill the person, I won't stop you. Now, where was I???? OH Yeah!). There is nothing like a fast blind apex up over a rise. The commitment needed is fantastic and the payoff getting it right is really satisfying. And... clockwise is the more challenging direction for Phil Hill (the turn.... not th.... oh never mind.)

Eric Little

27. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post
    Can someone please post on here what organizations race licenses will be accepted so there won't be any confusion at registration and tech.

Gray,

I was given this link by Ceci Smith
    http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/licensewaiver.pdf
    This is for the driving license.

Do you have an SCCA logbook/homologation paper for your car?

May need the car tech'd. Will need your gear tech'd.

Paul
    Last edited by BeerBudgetRacing; 03.21.17 at 5:58 PM.

Liked: 348

That is not an easy question to answer. I suggest reading the GCR Appendix C (available online from scca.com.) Alternate licenses are only accepted for regional and vintage events. Super Tour & Majors require full SCCA membership and an SCCA Club Racing full competition license. There may or may not be a regional component at a Majors (but not at a Super Tour.)

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post

Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

30. The following members LIKED this post:

If the cost of a full membership and license makes doing this series too expensive then ignore the rest.

SCCA has a process for a license waiver for prior racing experience. I received a waiver for my prior experience. Bill Gilcrease is the person for Cal Club to work this through. I gathered all the required information and mailed it to Bill who reviewed and forwarded to SCCA and I got my license. It was a reasonably simple process but to get it all done in time, you need to start now.

http://www.calclub.com/driver-license.php
    http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/licensewaiver.pdf

Good Luck and hope we see you out there (and if you are a member, you can bring the FF and run that too).

Eric Little

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Olivola View Post
    That is not an easy question to answer. I suggest reading the GCR Appendix C (available online from scca.com.) Alternate licenses are only accepted for regional and vintage events. Super Tour & Majors require full SCCA membership and an SCCA Club Racing full competition license. There may or may not be a regional component at a Majors (but not at a Super Tour.)
    I believe Peter is correct in requiring an actual SCCA license for this event.

The info I posted is for getting a waiver so you can obtain the SCCA license.

Default VARA Licence

Gray,

So I did a little more reading on this.....

GCR can be downloaded here...
    https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules

As Peter said, Appendix C, section 2.8 B
    Licenses listed below will be accepted as equivalent to a SCCA Full
    Competition License at SCCA Regional events if the requirements
    of AppC.2.1 are met and the license holder is an SCCA member in
    good standing
    VARA is listed. So is FIA. So you're in good company.

You're just as qualified as Alonso in the eyes of the SCCA.

Here is a little clarification on the licensing requirements. A full SCCA competition license is required to run Majors Tour events. Other sanctioning body's licenses can be accepted by SCCA regions for Divisional events. Our Buttonwillow event is a Majors Tour event, hence a full SCCA license (no Novice permits) is needed for that event. If you have prior experience you may qualify for a waiver. In order to apply for a waiver you should contact your Division's licensing chairman. In the Cal Club (Southern Calif.) region that person is Bill Gilcrease. His e-mail is MINCOMP@att.net. The two Laguna Seca events are Divisional races where another organization's license may be all you need. In that case, you are still required to apply for a waiver through the NOrcal licensing chairman Gary Meeker, who can be reached at
    [SIZE=1]gary.meeker@att.net [/SIZE]
    . If you are going to need a waiver, it would be best to start now. I hope this makes this a bit more clear.

Peter West
    Pacific F2000

Default Pinto Car / Driver Survey

We've created a short (10 questions, probably 2 minutes) survey to get an idea of what people are doing in CFC / FC Pinto racing on the west coast.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FXJBJW2

The link is NOT unique so please PASS IT ON to anyone you know.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

So when I moved from the west coast to the east for this temporary gig, I ran a buccaneer region regional race @ roebling. Very easy, no hassles, no waiver required.

Three months later went to run same place, same admin crew, except Atlanta region was in charge. Alternative licenses not accepted. Waiver was not offered, but a fast track to an SCCA license was offered. I declined, primarily because I would have needed another medical which would not have been covered by my insurance, and the additional cost (after all, I have a license that's supposed to be recognized, why do I need another?)

A month later ran an event at Charlotte. Much like the first event, easy peasy.

As I understand it, the ability to use alternate licenses has to be in the supps, and the supps can only be published "X" number of days out from an event, so at the beginning of the season you never know what events you are going to be able to go to if you don't have the SCCA license.

My thoughts on the whole mess is that since the national office decided to allow it, they need to provide more definitive guidance on how to implement it, because there's too much variation.

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Rick,

The problem is that each SCCA Region has the power to set their own policy in regards to reciprocal licensing. Both CalClub and San Francisco region do accept other licenses. The procedure for San Francisco region is clearly spelled out on their website, which is where I got the information posted above. Since each region is somewhat autonomous in how they conduct their Divisional events, there can be some discrepancy in how they handle this issue.

EG

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    As I understand it, the ability to use alternate licenses has to be in the supps, and the supps can only be published "X" number of days out from an event
    Posted for this event. Page 2 Driver Eligibility
    http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/ru...ttonwillow.pdf

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: Drivers must be a current member of the SCCA and hold a SCCA Full Competition license or a full SCCA Pro license to participate in this event. If you do not have the proper credentials it is your responsibility to contact the Registrar prior to the event.

I just got off the telephone with Primus Race Parts, the title sponsor of the Pacific F2000 series. I was told that they will be presenting the National (Pinto) series winner with a brand new Sparco driving suit! This is in addition to the prize money, a super nice trophy and eligibility in the drawings for parts and product certificates we have at each event. We already have a few Pinto drivers signed up for Buttonwillow, so lets get signed up and ready to race! See you at the track.

Peter West
    Pacific F2000

41. The following 3 users liked this post:

A new driver's suit to the champ, that's a great sponsorship prize by Primus!

Anybody care to make a gearing suggestion for a Pinto-powered FC on Avons for the Buttonwillow config we're using in April?
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

Hoosiers (22d) are:
    Buttonwillow (16:35, 17:28, 22:29, 24:27 or 24:26) (2.188, 1.647, 1.318, 1.125 or 1.083)

What are the avons?

The same. Thanks.
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

4 weeks away and we have 9 FC signed up (2 are Pintos !) (17 total in group)

I know most people don't sign up until 2 weeks ahead of time, but if we get our numbers up early we might be able to get the groups re-arranged. (Grp2 has 2 FMs and no FAs)....

Come on guys, you know you're going to be there, sign up this weekend

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Little View Post
    If for no other reason, you need to run Buttonwillow for Phil Hill (the turn... not the person.... but if you want to run it for Phil Hill the person, I won't stop you. Now, where was I???? OH Yeah!). There is nothing like a fast blind apex up over a rise. The commitment needed is fantastic and the payoff getting it right is really satisfying. And... clockwise is the more challenging direction for Phil Hill (the turn.... not th.... oh never mind.)

Eric Little
    It's great fun, I agree! I have run it many times in a Lotus Elise - have track records both directions (last time I checked, it's been a bit) for NASA TTB. Somewhere out there, I posted a video on youtube where I spent a lap chasing CJ Wilson (the pitcher) around... he was in a McLaren supersomethingorother... and he went off right after Phil Hill... whoops!

I'm thinking that I'll have to make a stop back at BW on my way up to Sonoma in 2018...
    www.wrenchaholics.com

47. The following 2 users liked this post:

3 weeks away - Sign up soon so CalClub can better plan the groups.

Were at 10 FCs now. 18 total. FE: 3, P1: 2, P2: 3

10 days to go.....

Class Totals: FB: 1, Formula Continental: 12, FE: 3, P1: 4, P2: 6

I think there is another Pinto to be added so I think we're either 3 or 4 of the 12 FCs !

There is one more Z-Tech not reflected in the SCCA Majors registrations, making our total 13. What happened to Kim Wilcox TahoeZ (Pinto)? The racing should be terrific! The trophies look great. I am hoping to have a pre-release copy of our documentary film in time for race weekend. As usual we will have drawings for discount certificates and product from series sponsors Primus Racing Parts and Aerocraft. See you guys at the track.

Peter West

Kim should be there....

Not sure why it's not showing....

The Sept 1-3 Laguna race is showing 4 Pinto FCs signed up already, lets get some more National Class entries!
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

53. The following 2 users liked this post:

5 Pintos now signed up for Laguna. 15 FCs total. Should be a fun weekend !

55. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information