Liked: 7

Default VDCA open to CFC...next event VIR 7-9 APR

Last Dec I ran my new to me 84 Reynard FC with VDCA in the combined run groups 2, 5, 7 and had a blast. While CFC is not currently recognized by VDCA, I was permitted as a Formula Libre. On split starts, I was grouped with S2's, FB, ESR. I have coordinated with Doug Meis (s800racer on Apex) who is the Tech Director for VDCA and Mike Jackson-Race Director, and have agreed to extending an invitation to other Club FC cars (flat bottom/Pinto's). As a CFC, we are allowed on slicks, not treaded vintage tires, so no additional $$ or set-up changes, same as the S2's.
    See VDCA website for more event info: http://www.vintagedrive.com/
    Look forward to some more CFC joining in. I also will be running SCCA SEDIV FC events as time permits.
    Best regards, Joe Henslee
    Last edited by Joe Henslee; 03.16.17 at 12:33 PM. Reason: add tire specs

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 126

Excellent. The more events for the CFCs to run the better.
    TroyT - SFR SCCA, VARA, CSRG, SVRA
    www.ThingsThatGoVroom.net
    '00 Carbir CS2, P2 #60
    '79 Lola T492, S2 #61

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

I was hoping for this and glad it happened - really increases my probability of making it out more than once or twice this year.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information