Liked: 313

Default Oil lines for front sump tanks

What are people using for oil feed and return lines for oil tanks mounted in the nose of their cars?

I could use lots of dash 10 Aeroquip but hard line would be lighter and I think cleaner.

Is 5/8 id big enough when the oil is cold?

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

What is the capacity of the pump? How far must it pull the oil?
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 3

Before I made a new tank for the rear, my Merlyn had the original front tank. It had two sections, one per side, of aluminum tube with a male -10 fitting welded in place at each end. These ran down the exterior of the body. Not super attractive but functional.

Liked: 313

That's what I had in mind, 3/4 od .06 wall aluminum or .03 wall steel with appropriate fittings. Just interested if others had issues.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 942

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    That's what I had in mind, 3/4 od .06 wall aluminum or .03 wall steel with appropriate fittings. Just interested if others had issues.
    Mount the lines with soft mounts or cushioning.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information