Liked: 280

Default Maneuvering the 2017 Formula Race Promotions and Right Coast

Maneuvering the 2017 Formula Race Promotions and Right Coast and USAC relationship and how not a problem it is…

As you probably know already, FRP and by definition Right Coast will be racing under a United States Auto Club (USAC) sanction for the coming season for the three Right Coast events to be held in conjunction with FRP USAC weekends. This is different than previous years when SCCA was the sanctioning body.

What this Means for RCFFS Drivers and Crew

For Right Coast drivers, your SCCA License will be accepted at face value, allowing for the issue of a USAC membership, required to run the three Right Coast events to be held in conjunction with FRP USAC weekends. USAC’s Participant Accident coverage is comparable to SCCA’s, which we have all enjoyed having access to for many decades now.
    Getting a USAC Card

You will need to sign-up for your USAC Driver or Crew hard card. This requirement has to do with the driver and crew being included under USAC’s Participant Accident Insurance, which is only available to USAC Members. You will need to get a USAC license which may take well over a few minutes to fill out online when you go to the license portal; ‘RCFFS’ is one of the options. To complete the form you will need a head shot, just as your SCCA license and photo ID do, just use the same SCCA photo, or take a “selfie” and upload it. There is no cost for apply for the FRP USAC Driver or Crew hard card. When you enter your first FRP/RCFFS/USAC race, the membership fee is invisibly included.

We recommend that you not wait to register for the hard card until the week of your first FRP/RCFFS/USAC race, simply to assist in expediting the process. Register early and hard cards will be mailed directly to the participant, otherwise they can be picked up at the track.
    Go to http://www.frplicense.com to get started!

Registering for Events

Registering for FRP RCFFS events is also easy. FRP provides a 2017 Race Registration page where you can register for one or more of the RCFFS events. Once on the registration page, fill in the fields at the top and select RCFFS as the Race Class; the list of RCFFS races will automatically be shown.
    Go to http://www.frpentry.com/ to get started.

Problems or Issues?
    Problems or issues or concerns please contact Robert Wright at robertw@formularacepromotions.com or 855-722-3377 ext. 701

Michael Rand,
    Right Coast Yoda

Liked: 50

So I figure it is about time I fill out the application for the USAC crew hard card. I think this will take me well over a few minutes since I cannot make it past the first page without having a question. After filling out name, address, etc, there is an entry for "Team Name or Series Affiliation". Is this where we are supposed to enter RCFFS? Or do we actually enter a team name in this field and enter RCFFS on one of the following pages? Maybe I am just over thinking what should be a simple form to fill out.
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Enter your team name or something. RCFFS is one of the choices for affiliation later in the application. Or fill out random letters in the required spaces, call me and I'll edit it (please- that's a joke, but someone already did it!). If you don't have a picture handy- take a selfy and upload that.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 313

I tried to smile and take a selfie, but I'm not very good at it. I came out looking like someone you'd cross the padock to avoid...or maybe it's not just the selfie.

On a serious note, I think my wife and I are submitted. Any ETA on when the cards will be mailed? Takes a few weeks to process or all going to be done in a batch?

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

The first batch just went out- I got mine over the weekend.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Me to, got my USAC hard card, over last weekend, never had a USAC credential before !

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Me to, got my USAC hard card, over last weekend, never had a USAC credential before !

Do ya feel like a Rookie?
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member
    Liked: 302

Default Card

What type of card where you carrying when this was taken?

Guess I did that wrong, wanted photo to show in post. Oh well
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EACIII; 03.28.17 at 2:48 PM. Reason: Because I always mess up posting photos

10. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 50

Bob, thanks for the info. Now I'll see how good I am at taking a selfie.
    Michael Ray
    Crew for CFF #27 Phil Kingham

Liked: 157

Default Playing Rough there Ed!

Don't expect Mike to not get even.

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    What type of card where you carrying when this was taken?

Guess I did that wrong, wanted photo to show in post. Oh well

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Gonna be a damn long season, ain't it Eddie.......

14. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 29

Default FRP Hard Card Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marcinski View Post
    Maneuvering the 2017 Formula Race Promotions and Right Coast and USAC relationship and how not a problem it is…

As you probably know already, FRP and by definition Right Coast will be racing under a United States Auto Club (USAC) sanction for the coming season for the three Right Coast events to be held in conjunction with FRP USAC weekends. This is different than previous years when SCCA was the sanctioning body.

What this Means for RCFFS Drivers and Crew

For Right Coast drivers, your SCCA License will be accepted at face value, allowing for the issue of a USAC membership, required to run the three Right Coast events to be held in conjunction with FRP USAC weekends. USAC’s Participant Accident coverage is comparable to SCCA’s, which we have all enjoyed having access to for many decades now.
    Getting a USAC Card

You will need to sign-up for your USAC Driver or Crew hard card. This requirement has to do with the driver and crew being included under USAC’s Participant Accident Insurance, which is only available to USAC Members. You will need to get a USAC license which may take well over a few minutes to fill out online when you go to the license portal; ‘RCFFS’ is one of the options. To complete the form you will need a head shot, just as your SCCA license and photo ID do, just use the same SCCA photo, or take a “selfie” and upload it. There is no cost for apply for the FRP USAC Driver or Crew hard card. When you enter your first FRP/RCFFS/USAC race, the membership fee is invisibly included.

We recommend that you not wait to register for the hard card until the week of your first FRP/RCFFS/USAC race, simply to assist in expediting the process. Register early and hard cards will be mailed directly to the participant, otherwise they can be picked up at the track.
    Go to http://www.frplicense.com to get started!

Registering for Events

Registering for FRP RCFFS events is also easy. FRP provides a 2017 Race Registration page where you can register for one or more of the RCFFS events. Once on the registration page, fill in the fields at the top and select RCFFS as the Race Class; the list of RCFFS races will automatically be shown.
    Go to http://www.frpentry.com/ to get started.

Problems or Issues?
    Problems or issues or concerns please contact Robert Wright at robertw@formularacepromotions.com or 855-722-3377 ext. 701

Michael Rand,
    Right Coast Yoda
    As Mike and Joe have said it is pretty simple. However, if you want to know what to expect before filling out the form live, we have a simple tutorial on the RCFFS web site that walks you through the form:

http://www.rcffs.org/uploads/7/5/7/4/75745913/usac-frp-hard-card-tutorial.pdf

Thread Information