Liked: 17

Default 2017 NorCal Formula/Club Ford Series Announcement

We are happy to announce the organization of a 50th Anniversary Series for Formula and Club Fords. The Series will consist of five races, featuring iconic west coast racetracks: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway (twice), Thunderhill Raceway and Portland International Raceway. We will be featuring Formula Fords, but will welcome Club Fords as well. Come join us.

The purpose and goal of the Series is to celebrate the cars in fun competition, with plenty of camaraderie, friends, and some cool prizes and awards. We will run with HMSA, CSRG and SOVREN, with an awards ceremony at the CSRG Charity Challenge in October.

The Series will run the following races:

· HMSA at Laguna Seca on March 18-19
    · CSRG at Sonoma on March 31-April 2
    · CSRG at Thunderhill on April 28-30
    · SOVREN at Portland in September 2-3
    · CSRG at Sonoma on September 29-October 1

Please let us know if you are interested in attending, and help spread the word.

More information can be found on our website https://www.norwestff.com/. We also have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1896709143899606/.

Hope to see you on the track!

Cheers,
    Eric Sidebotham
    #48 Touch of Grey Racing ’69 Winkelmann WDF1

Liked: 490

Default The Series

Eric, using the words "The Series" is a bit misleading to say the least!
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Hi Roland, I'm not aware of a generally accepted definition of the word "series" with respect to racing, so my apologies for use of the term. I wasn't intending to mislead anyone.

We are a group of vintage FF drivers, and wish to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our cars. To do that, we are trying to get a large group to participate in five races mostly in Northern California. We are also inviting the CF guys to come out and join us as well. Our events are informal and casual, and are intended primarily to be social and fun. We've even arranged prizes. But I imagine a race or two will break out. Like this: https://youtu.be/1C2HyGdmx6k.

If you suggest a better term, I am happy to consider revising my original post.

You should come up and join us.

Cheers,
    Eric
    Last edited by esidebotham; 02.15.17 at 3:11 PM.

Liked: 942

Default SoCal folks - WTH, everyone!

SoCal Ladies and Gents, AZ and Rocky Mtn,

Yes, please come up and race with us. It was great racing with everyone at Coronado. I hope to run a VARA event or two at Buttonwillow this year. The Northwest vintage people are excited to run and I'm really excited to travel to Portland in September.

Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

6. The following 3 users liked this post:

bump

Liked: 490

Default FF

At the moment it looks as if I will bring 3 cars up for the March Laguna event.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 942

Quote Originally Posted by Roland V. Johnson View Post
    At the moment it looks as if I will bring 3 cars up for the March Laguna event.
    That's great news Roland, looking forward to seeing you and your cars there.

Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Deadline to submit your entries is coming up Thursday, 3/9! Get yours in soon. I just submitted mine!

Thread Information