Liked: 1

Default Ford ZETEC Engine

Are there any members of the forum using the ZETEC Cast iron cylinder block in a single seat or sports racer? I need some information concerning the mounting "bosses" for this block. Does the block have the 4 hole "side mounting" bosses on each side similar to the earlier Kent block? Is there a certain model or ID number, (casting#) that can be used for a side mounting situation? Thanks for any information and insight. Jerry

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

Was this engine ever used in a RWD car? If not, you're probably out of luck.

Liked: 0

I have a Zetec in a Lotus Europa. It has 4 side mounting holes on the left side and 3 on the right side that I used. I had to fabricate my own brackets. I don't think the holes are in the same exact location as a Kent block since the Zetec was designed for FWD, but you could probably fabricate adapters if your chassis would allow that.

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Default Zetec

Since those are run in Formula Continental, you might want to look at one of the cars running one for ideas since most doing so were converted from the Pinto engine.

Thread Information