Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked: 8

Hi Mike:
    Aside from the party on Sunday, do you expect that the group photo will take place as well?
    I'd like to make sure that we leave from PA Sun. morning with sufficient time to make it to the track for any planned events.
    Thanks
    Greg Kokolus
    NCF #56

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Greg,
    I am working with the track to see exactly when we can do the group photo with cars and drivers, out on the straight, or maybe all pouring in, static of course, 5 abreast , into Big Bend !! That might be very cool. The issue is Mazda is doing a car show, tuner stuff etc, on the front straight during Sunday. I am trying to nail down the exact times, and do they even need as far down as Big Bend. I will mass email to all entrants well before the event with details concerning all Sunday activities, ie Racer party, Indy 500 viewing, lunch, photo op, etc etc. Also any changes to registration, tech, drivers meeting, qualifying procedures, etc etc. Can't wait for Memorial day Weekend !

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Originally posted by Mike Rand:

So aside from 1st-2nd-3rd in FF and NCF Trophies, there is the Paul Tariello Hard Charger Award, The RedMist Fast Lap Award, the 30TEAM30 Cosmetic Excess Award, and the Jim Vaill memorial Trophy.
    And the Racing Flow Development awards as well !!!

Man O man, .. I'm not gonna have time to get the Van Diemen ready, .. lucky for you guys, .. .. but I'll be there
    with Rob & Formula Car Magazine taking photos, ..
    Man I can't wait !!!!

Curtis
    RFD
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Curtis,
    My apologies, I have been so focused on this one event I kind of dropped the ball regarding the NEC and the sponsors involved for the season. So to Curtis and RFD, welcome aboard and thanks to all the NEC supporters for making the series even more successful. I am sorry about your run-in at Summit and, while looking forward to hosting you and Rob at Lime Rock, it would be even better if you were in your car. See you all real soon, a preliminary one day Regional this weekend, May 8, with over 20 FF and NCF entered as a tune up, then the 35th on the 31st!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for arranging this event. I was wondering, since the ztech's aren't there this weekend, can we show with our trailers on Sat. afternoon (or earlier)? Will we be in the B-paddock? If not when is the earliest we can arrive and get into the paddock area's?

I'd like to come on Friday and make the whole weekend event.

Thanks sincerely

Rob Weiner
    Crossle 45F #3

PS as for the test day, if all goes well can I leave the trailer there for the rest of the week?
    What is the cost for the test day and start time?
    Rob Weiner
    NCF #3

Rob, and all entrants for the 35th on the 31st,
    Yes, you will be able to A. Leave your rig after the Tuesday May 25 test day, but please see me that day and I will get us parked where we are out of the way and B. Come in anytime we have registration open,[tentative schedule Thursday 2-5pm, Friday 8am-2pm, Saturday 8am-3pm, unday 8am-noon at least, and Monday 7am-10:30] same deal as far as rigs go, we'll find a place for them but you most likely won't be able to open up, unload, setup until Sunday as the Busch North and SRF guys leave [hopefully] on Saturday and 3. If you aren't coming in until Sunday plan on being there before noon, the Racer party, Indy 500 viewing, Program featuring Steve Nickless, Jim Harrell ['71 FF Nat Champ in a Doug Shierson owned Titan], David Loring ['78 FF Nat Champ in a Gurney Eagle], Skip Barber ['69 FF Nat Champ in a Caldwell D9--the US's first FF Nat Champ ! and '70 FF Nat Champ in a Tecno [!!!]], Joe Stimola, Bruce MacInnes, Fred Stevenson [winner of the first ever FF race at Lime Rock May 10, 1969], maybe Dave Weitzenhof--come on Dave, I know Bruce MacInnes has been working on you, come on out !, Frank DelVecchio, and lord only knows who else.
    And a group photo op--Curtis, get ready !-- with all entrants massed on the downhill.

Test day info, we are promised 3-20 minute sessions, cost is $150,and should start by 1pm, it is a media day as well, we will for sure be in "B" [Sunoco] Paddock.

Liked: 229

HMMM. how long would it take to drive from Grattan to Lime Rock? Could make for a great trip. Brian.

Am I correct that this event is open to Vintage Formula Continentals but not current ones? If it is open to FC, I'd be very interested. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Doug,
    I don't know where you heard anything about CFC or FC, this is only for FF1600, SCCA FF and CF cars. No vintage/historic FF1600s even, just "current" 1600s.
    Sorry, no time for anything other than one race group to celebrate FF1600s 35th year i North America.
    Come on up anyway though, should be fun.

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

A reminder. The “RACER Magazine Celebration of 35 Years of Formula Ford presented by RedMist” is part of the 2004 NEC – The New England Challenge Series for Formula Ford. This year, the Series will have as much as $12,000 in Contingency Prizes and awards. Some great prizes are presented at each event and also to the Series Champions at the end of the season. For further information on the NEC, see the topic post by Bob Lutz – “2004 NEC Schedule” in this section. The Series dates are:

April 24/25 Summit Point Regional ( see Results posted in this section )
    May 15/16 Pocono Dbl Reg'l; only Sunday is NEC
    May 31 Lime Rock Grand Prix Weekend
    June 19 Lime Rock Regional
    July 17/18 NHIS Dbl Reg'l; only Sunday is NEC
    August 14/15 BeaveRun Dbl Reg'l; only Sunday is NEC
    Sept 18/19 Watkins Glen Dbl Reg'l; both events are NEC

All those who wish to be eligible for points and prizes must see either Bob Lutz or John Merriman to register and to obtain the required series decals. The Registration Fee is $10. If you already have the decals on your car, see Bob or me to register for this year.

Too bad the shortage of time. I've been passively looking for a Ford to jump into for fun without much success. I'll be there as a spectator for sure. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]
    F2000, Formula F, Formula Atlantic series photographer
    http://www.kniffinphoto.com
    teamkniffin@yahoo.com

Doug my Viking is still not rented. Should rememberracing when you had your 1600. If interested get in touch with me. DaD

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Hey Mike
    Will normal Tech procedures be in effect, as in gear only with an annual tech? Things wiol happen pretty quick on Monday AM.

Mike, good point, and yes, helmets only, I hope to have the ability to "tech" entrants at the Racer Party on Sunday during the Indy 500 Broadcast. Seems appropriate, don't you think ? What with Ganassi, M. Andretti,Tracy, Vasser, et al , FF1600 grads all, being such a part of the show. Or do Tracy and Jimmy V have rides ? Hope so.....

Mike
    I'd forfeit my entry fee for sure to watch a Tracy start from the back of the field.

Liked: 2

Mike Rand
    I think you have entirely to much time on your hands: 1.to take care of this race 2.not leave your computer to type all of this because I have seen you type and god only knows how slow it is. and 3. you have been at every test day so far at the Rock do you need to learn the track? god knows you have followed me around enough I thought you knew the track by now.
    But after running this taxi cab I may need to take lessons from you again.....

Love Ya Dad
    Jeremy Treadway
    Treadway Motorsports inc.

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Oh Jeez, is Treadway gonna be there too?

Just came back from Regional at LRP and if this race is any indication GOOD Clean racin from front to back of field. Everyone had somebody to dice with usually in packs of 4-5 at a time. I was jealous I couldn't be out there but that will come in due time and this will be the best race class of the whole week end so if your not entered it your loss to be the Ameteur class to outshine the pros.

Jeremy,

Are running the Busch car AND a FF ????

Busy week end, ..

BTW, .. I used to do Busch & cup heads .. we should talk.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Yes Curtis we are running both cars if you get time come buy and say hi, in fact everyone stop by and wish us luck the NASCAR boys dont want a road racer in their sand box so we need all of the hluck we can get,

Jeremy Treadway
    Treadway Motorsports inc.

Liked: 142

oh **** treadway is gonna whoop my butt again.....

FYI i was the red euroswift you went flying passed to put me a lap down up in NHIS at that regional a few weeks ago. I was also at the LRP test seesion last week.

You better beat those damn NASCAR punks!

[size="1"][ May 11, 2004, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: HazelNut ][/size]
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Mike,

Is it still possible to enter the race? I just printed out the entry form but, have a few questions. I noticed that there was a May 10th. entry deadline...with a late entry fee after May 10th.

Is the May 10th. cut-off date specific to the fee only, or is there a cut-off date for the number of individual entries accepted?

I read somewhere that there may be a Sunday group photo of all the entrants on the front staight...is that still happening?

I would have entered earlier but it has taken longer than I thought to put my car back together. I just got all the bodywork back from the painter...worked all day yesterday to assemble it and can say that it wil be ready for the May 25th. test day.

Rob

Hey Mike
    I spoke to Dave W. at Nelson this past weekend and he and Sherri are planning to be there Sunday, if all goes to plan. Is there are sign up required for the 5/25 test day?

Greg,
    I am working with the track to see exactly when we can do the group photo with cars and drivers, out on the straight, or maybe all pouring in, static of course, 5 abreast , into Big Bend !!
    Mike,

A few things to keep in mind for the photo, ..

MOST IMPORTANT, .. face the cars & drivers into the sun!

It'll be key for the photographers to be on the cross over bridge looking down on the cars, .. that's the only way we'll get the entire field. I'd talk to the track about sun location, .. they should know as this photos been done there before.

lastly, .. I didn't see a response to Rob's question, .. is it too
    late to enter?

Curtis
    RFD

Formula Car Magazine
    Racing Flow Development

Curtis,
    Sorry, Rob had called and we are all set, but thanks for the push, it is not to late, but any "new" entries won't be in the tracks program entry list due to publishing lead time.
    Re Photo, yeah, I am working with the track. It really depends on time of day, available room and light, etc. I will enlist your assistance in layout etc.
    Entry stands right at 40, slightly biased towards FF over NCF.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

This should be some show to see. I here Treadway is so excited, he actually did an alighnment on his car (first in 2 years) for this race! I think he used scales and everything!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Curtis,
    Sorry, Rob had called and we are all set, but thanks for the push, it is not to late, but any "new" entries won't be in the tracks program entry list due to publishing lead time.
    Re Photo, yeah, I am working with the track. It really depends on time of day, available room and light, etc. I will enlist your assistance in layout etc.
    Entry stands right at 40, slightly biased towards FF over NCF.
    Thanks Mike,

I'll help with the photo stuff all I can. Also if you need some publicity photos or whatever I'l get them to you.

Also, .. I hear Tod Bardwell will be in a #43 yellow VanDiemen, .. with a sponsor for this race.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

Curtis, So I hear about Todd and a yellow VD, hope he emails the transponder number......
    What year is that sponsored ride anyway ?

Curtis, So I hear about Todd and a yellow VD, hope he emails the transponder number......
    What year is that sponsored ride anyway ?
    It's homologated (sp?) as a 2000, .. car was built new over the winter and this will be it's second race.

Yellow #43 Racing Flow Development / Primus / Avon FF.

I'll e-mail the Transponder number.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development

I have just received and watched the video tape done by Helix US from the in car [actually on car--on the rollbar] camera from the May 8 Regional at Lime Rock. I am definately gonna have them do my car for the 35th on the 31st. The VHS quality is outstanding. They put together a short highlight intro, then every minute of both qualifying session and race. Since starting in single seaters in 1968 I can honestly say, I wish I had a whole archive of races done like this. Well worth the $100.00. They will be at Lime Rock and have the ability to camera up many cars, contact Mike Devino at Helix US at 860-671-0781 or email him at mdevino@helixus.com. Ask Ian Prout how he likes his tapes, they did his car [ the other 30TEAM30 Crossle 30F] on the 8th as well as his other race in his SSC Neon. Great guys, great product, great recomendation.You can get VHS or DVD. Very cool stuff.

Mike,

I spoke with Mike Devino last night about installing the camera in Formula Fords. I had some questions about where the camera could be located in a newer Van Diemen. He told me that the equipment is small enough that it can be hidden sucessfully somewhere in the car. They will be at the May 25th. test day to find an appropriate place in any cars wishing to have the video. Check them out on Tuesday.

Rob.

Liked: 73

Goodyear called me and said they will have equpment there to change our tires but it will be on Saturday morning only. If you are there, bring your wheels to them in the early morning and pick them up by the start of the Busch North race. They will be packing up and leaving right after the start of the BN race. It kinda sucks but it is better than nothing for those of you that may need tire service.
    No service on Monday, at least not from Goodyear.
    JD
    Zink Z10

JD,
    Thanks for the Goodyear reminder. Entrants like you have gotten my supps update and this is certainly something I have mentioned and hope folks are reading what I have sent. It'll be an ugly surprise if someone comes in Sunday/Monday expecting to pick up their fresh skins from Comp Tire East. People, order your tires and do what JD says, get there Saturday before noon or you will be out of luck. Actually, before 10AM as Registration for FF closes at 10 on Saturday.

Liked: 3

So I can't bring the Windshadow, but I am going to try to show up and watch. Having started in 77 at Roos school, and had B. Macguiness (Spelling) at Bridgehampton and T Davey at the the rock as instructors if I crack a cold one I'll be able to see them all contest turn 1 with you guys!Looking forward to BEING THERE!
    (Elden 10B back in the day)

Short update about this coming weekends Racer Celebration of 35 Years of Formula Ford presented by RedMist at Lime Rock on Memorial Day Monday May 31st.
    Our expected turnout of past US FF National Champions has sadly been depleted as Jim Harrell, 1971 champ in a Doug Shierson owned Titan, is needed at home due to family health issues, we will miss not having Jim with us. And I understand Dave Weitzenhof may be busy screwing together his FC car after the carnage at Nelson a week or so back, hopefully he will get it to the point where he can take a break and join us with Skip Barber and David Loring along with Fred Stevenson, Bruce MacInnes, Tom Davey, Joe Stimola, Frank DelVecchio, who has in fact entered to race, and who knows who else.
    The entry is right at 40 so we will start all entrants, a little reminder of the glory days of FF !!!

Liked: 7

Wow this is going to be so awesome! I can't to see the race and meet so many of the people that I've only known via the Internet.

If you are walking around the paddock and you see the Tom Oates Tiger Racing World Challenge Corvette GT stop by and say hi!

I'm getting there thursday night and leaving Monday after our race.

Chris
    Chris More
    Palo Alto, CA
    http://www.chrismore.com/

Chris, I will definately find you Friday . Don't forget, the Racer Indy 500 party and FF 35th Program Sunday pm at the hospitality tent in the infield. See you ths weekend, I saw Toms Tiger Corvette today at Media Day.......

Liked: 7

Cool. I am sure it will be a great time for all.

On a side note it is kind of funny that I've recently started a Web design company called "Red Mist Designs" and the FF race monday is presented by "RedMist".

Chris
    Chris More
    Palo Alto, CA
    http://www.chrismore.com/

Liked: 96

Does anyone have space on their crew list? My son & I would like to be there if possible.

Thank you.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information