Liked: 113

Good Morning,

I am pleased to announce that a Professional Formula Ford race will be one of the featured events at the 35th Le Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières July 30-Aug. 1

After a very rough beginning of the season, a core group of former Pro FF1600 teams have rallied together to put on this event. There will be one further event, at another "premiere" Quebec circuit, as support race to a North American based series at the end of August (more info to follow next week). This program is in no way related to any of the previous FF series in Canada. The organizer(s) and series support staff will be announced soon.

Put this (these) event in the "can't miss" column. We are trying to do everything we can to make this as friendly and enjoyable event as possible. For a little taste of what you can expect, read the "Formula Ford Fantasy Camp" article in March's FormulaCar magazine.

this is a "professional FF" race. Their will be prize money AND tow money will be paid to everyone who attends! The rules and tire package will follow previous series regulations. If you have any interest at all, please contact me and I will do my best to get you questions answered. Adams Racing has a limited supply of the "spec" tires" which we will be willing to provide free of charge to those truly interested in participating. We will also provide as much data possible regarding setup as we can.

I have watched the support that has come from this website for the 35th anniversary race at Lime Rock and know what strength there is in the East-West Challenge because of you folks out there. Please come and support this (these) event. Bigger and better things are in store for next year. It is the only show in North America where you can honestly say you are Professional FF driver. You will not go home empty handed.

...more info to come...

Chris Robson
    chrisr@jwatts.com
    (860) 528-1110 x119 w
    (860) 429-2334 h
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Liked: 0

Hey Chris,

Great to hear. Not sure, what you've got lined up for PR, but as a longtime supporter of pro FF racing, I'd be glad to help out anyway possible. As always, you can reach me via email at alcraighead@earthlink.net or can call me at (416) 531-9076.

Cheers,

Al.
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Liked: 113

Hi Al,

Thanks for the support. What I really hope is that we can get some more folks from "South of the Border" to come up and race. I do not want to go into ancient history, but putting FF's on treaded tires takes away a huge advantage that "newer" FF's have. It is an absolute blast to toss a Ford around and slide it through the corner. For the youngsters think of it as "Drifting", but with a real race car. For once sideways is the fast way!

Let's try to get some support for this. As the post before me noted, the other event is at Montreal with ChampCar (or whatever it is called).

FF's, CFF's, Vintage FF's, come up and give it a try. There will be racing for every position on every lap at every corner.
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Thread Information