Liked: 4

Default D13 Caldwell - SOLD

1976 Caldwell D-13 Autodynamics Formula Vee - SOLD

Purchased this car on Apex a year or two ago out of Canada. Sent a trailer to pick it up and was more than impressed with the car and spares included. Rolled it into my shop and parked it next to a bunch of other race cars and there she still sits.. Just a shame that I have not had a chance to drive it.. Raced one as a kid and had to have another.... At this point space is at a premium so considering selling it. Post from original ad..

"Complete log book, passed recent tech inspection in both the USA and Canada. This car was a previous regional winner. Belts are good for another year or two as is the fuel cell. Many, Many receipts, has electronic ignition, long box tranny by Lybarger, suspension is true, aligned, ride height is set, wheel bearing, brake shoes and drums are all in excellent shape. Has updated zero roll suspension, Carrera shocks front and back, newer style body package, still have original body kit, with an extra NOS nose, never been installed or painted. Fire extinguisher installed and charged, adjustable brake bias, good oil pressure, motor doesn’t run hot. This FVEE can handle a driver of 6’ without issue and is a “lay down” car. Very comfortable to drive. Also have a quick jack, original fuel cell and firewall, cooling ducts and other misc. extra parts".

Price $ 6,000. not flexible as I will stack it on a lift if it doesn't sell just a shame to let it sit.. This car needs to be seen and driven.. Thanks for looking George V @ ApexKartSports 978-479-7974
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.26.21 at 7:05 PM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 190

The previous owner (in Canada) had contacted me about this car. Turns out I owned this car from 1980 until 1982. It was a bushel basket that I bought from "Honest Dave" Smith. Was actually Glenn Jenkins car that he had rolled up into a ball. Got it with a new frame (from Autoware in Marblehead, Mass). Rebuilt it over the winter to start racing it in 1981. Ran it mostly in Midwestern Council and was MC FV Rookie of the year in 1981 and class champion with this car in 1982. Sold it at the end of the '82 season.
    Not likely anything left from my days, but the ad reminded me of great days gone by.
    I'll see if I can did up an old photo. (Edit, that took all of 5 min!)
    The car will make someone very happy, good luck with the sale.

Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 01.17.17 at 10:39 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default D13

Bill you are spot on correct Car has all log books from very early on.. I think there are 9 log books in total. Front covers of a couple of them are in your name. Included are some great pics, one with what looks like a Opel GT and either dodge or ford station wagon in the background..

As stated, this is a very nice car with loads of documentation and history..so nice to find car so well preserved with proper documentation.. Thanks GV

Default Autodynamics D13

Still available. Over the winter had the engine removed and freshened by VanDecar racing. Not sure I will have time to race this season so figured I would again post it. When they removed the engine to freshen, they went through the car to give it a good overall inspection and the comments were that it was a great example of a great period correct FV. If I had more space I would continue to store it. Feel free to forward any questions. Thanks.

Default Autodynamics FV D13 Still available

• 1976 Caldwell D-13 Autodynamics Formula Vee

Purchased this car on Apex a year or two ago out of Canada. Sent a trailer to pick it up and was more than impressed with the car and spares included. Rolled it into my shop and parked it next to a bunch of other race cars and there she still sits.. Just a shame that I have not had a chance to drive it.. Raced one as a kid and had to have another.... At this point space is at a premium so considering selling it. Post from original ad..

"Complete log book, passed recent tech inspection in both the USA and Canada. This car was a previous regional winner. Belts are good for another year or two as is the fuel cell. Many, Many receipts, has electronic ignition, long box tranny by Lybarger, suspension is true, aligned, ride height is set, wheel bearing, brake shoes and drums are all in excellent shape. Has updated zero roll suspension, Carrera shocks front and back, newer style body package, still have original body kit, with an extra NOS nose, never been installed or painted. Fire extinguisher installed and charged, adjustable brake bias, good oil pressure, motor doesn’t run hot. This FVEE can handle a driver of 6’ without issue and is a “lay down” car. Very comfortable to drive. Also have a quick jack, original fuel cell and firewall, cooling ducts and other misc. extra parts".

Price $ 6,000. not flexible as I will stack it on a lift if it doesn't sell just a shame to let it sit.. This car needs to be seen and driven.. Thanks for looking George V @ ApexKartSports 978-479-7974

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Vintage?

Is this car set up for Vintage?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

This looks like a nice D13 for a good price but it has a single shock zero roll setup so I don't think it is vintage eligible. If the upright mounts are still on the frame you can probably buy new uprights and rods from Quixote Racing. Add coilovers and I think it would then be vintage setup.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default how

is D-13 not vintage elligable?

old fart wants to know

Liked: 0

SVRA Monoposto used to not accept anything after 1970 which excludes anything with a zero roll rear suspension except for A Zink or a one off

Liked: 301

Current Monoposto rules accept any Vee manufactured prior to 01/01/1976 but set-up to 1969 rules' configuration.

D-13's are accepted in vintage now.

But, I did notice that this particular car has a Citation-style zero-roll (rear view photo) instead of the original D-13 style.
    Could anyone clarify if this would be an issue with Monoposto rules?

Glenn

Liked: 190

Default D-13

The car is sold.
    And to a very special person.
    Glad to see it go into these hands.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information