Liked: 39

Default FVANSW January 2017 Magazine

Hi all Formula Firsters
    Link to the latest Formula Vee Association of New South Wales January 2017 magazine (the most populous State of Australia, with Sydney as its capital).
    Our Formula Vees are effectively Formula Firsts.
    Formula Vee over here has been thrown into controversy by the Formula Vee ruling body, the Formula Vee Association of Australia (one rep from each of our six states) by walking away from Hoosier tyres and have gone to a "cheaper" Yokohama AD08R road car tyres for the next three years.
    We in New South Wales believe they are not suitable, and will be detrimental to Formula Vee, and so we are none to happy about this decision.
    Read about it in the magazine. The information in the articles was determined by ourselves in New South Wales, and not provided by the National ruling body. The ruling body has been notably absent in providing information.
    Ray
    http://www.fvansw.asn.au/
    Last edited by Rayzor; 01.14.17 at 8:10 PM.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Mike Wright's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Default Indy

Hey Rayzor,

Talking with folks at the U.S. Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) today, they tell me they have been notified that 'many' FORMULA JUNIOR cars are scheduled to ship from Australia in multiple containers to the U.S. to arrive at Indianapolis for this race. The lad I was speaking with suggested that since there are more U.S.
    Formula First enteries to date than any other car class for this June event, he was wondering if you fellows might double up with the FORMULA JUNIOR cars to share containers and join the fun. Any chance of that? He didn't say what 'many' actually was in terms of car count, and he didn't offer any financial incentives either.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 39

Hi Mike
    Sorry for the late reply. I just got a new computer and haven't looked at Apexspeed until now.
    Which Indy race are you referring to?
    I don't have my ear to the ground with what the Historic guys are up to around here, but I will see if I can find out who they are.
    Thanks.
    Ray

Contributing Member Mike Wright's Avatar
    Liked: 8

Ray,

Yeah I haven't been on APEX lately either. The race I was referring to is the OPEN WHEEL WORLD CHALLENGE mid-June at Indy and organized by the SVRA. See svra.com upcoming events for the details. Check it out.

Thread Information