Liked: 1112

Default WHP West This Weekend

Car's ready and loaded up.

I may not be able to drive on Saturday but wouldn't miss going clockwise on Sunday for anything.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 19

I was going to load the car today but some of the group's gremlins decided to invade my engine bay. i will spare you the diagnostic steps, suffice it to say that the last thing I checked rid the engine of it's (and my) issues. As they say, patience is the key but TIMING is everything.

I too look forward to "clockwise Sunday"

See you all at the weekend.

Dave

Liked: 323

Unfortunately, some of us had to work. How about some photos so we can all enjoy the festivities?

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Not exactly festive...

Minimal damage to Dave's car at least.
    Last edited by TimH; 01.15.17 at 5:19 AM.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 323

Not great being in this position... but that photo is GREAT !! Thank you for sharing.

What is it with Dave and this corner? There was a time when Dave was following me into this corner and I had almost zero brake pad left on one end of my car. I applied brakes and they did absolutely nothing. It hadn't rained in quite some time, but there is ONE mud puddle in Maricopa county and it will become readily obvious where that mud puddle is if you don't make this turn. Well, Dave was nice enough push me off the track (the fact I had no brakes is beside the point) and into the mud puddle and continue on his way around the corner. As I remember, setting there in a car full of mud, water, and steam... Dave was cordial enough to wave at me as he passed by on the next lap !!

As to Tim's great (but sad) picture, the first few corners of our sessions seem to attract most of the incidents. The ratio of damage to our cars whilst seemingly unfair is a testament to the design. The "crush" zones at the front of Tim's did and in rather spectacular fashion. I was much more fortunate with a light flesh wound ( think Monty Python) to the fiberglass.

Ok Gray, I though we agreed that me pushing you off track with absolutely no contact using the top secret super cooled cobalt magnets was supposed to remain .... secret. This was the first test of the new "tow/repel" system and I had the switch set to repel instead of tow....ooops

As for the racing over the weekend, take a look at the time sheets. It is going to be fun.

L8r ... Dave

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Congrats on the Sunday win Deep Throat. Good racing.

Thanks Marshall. Mechanical attrition and contacts provided the pathway to the front for me.

The race I enjoyed most was the "full wet" on Saturday. Going from !st to last at the exit of turn 1 and ending the race 2nd about a second behind Jim was a very satisfying experience.

Regards ...Dave

Default Coming Back Through The Field

Watching that performance was almost as much fun as it must have been to drive it.

Dave was even harassing Jim for P1 in the final couple of laps.
    Last edited by TimH; 01.18.17 at 6:30 PM.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Thread Information