Liked: 341

Default Size of Class Weight Stickers

I just want to make sure. While the size of the car number and the class designation are clearly defined in the GCR (8" with 1.5" stroke and 4" with 0.5" stroke respectively), it does not appear that there is a minimum size for the weight stickers. The only thing I can find is it must be " clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales." (9.3.28(D)).

I need to have stickers made up and before I send off my order, I want to make sure I have this correct. Oh, and if I print the class weight for FF at 1050, I can run that weight... right?

Oh wait, found that part, "all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR" Where is the fun in that?

Eric Little

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

you didn't like the giant stickers handed out in fontana?

Liked: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Little View Post
    I just want to make sure. While the size of the car number and the class designation are clearly defined in the GCR (8" with 1.5" stroke and 4" with 0.5" stroke respectively), it does not appear that there is a minimum size for the weight stickers. The only thing I can find is it must be " clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales." (9.3.28(D)).

I need to have stickers made up and before I send off my order, I want to make sure I have this correct.
    Yes, the requirement is that they must be displayed "in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales." Not an opinion as to what this means in terms of size, but mine are about 1 inch high and I haven't had anyone say they're too small (yet). YMMV.

Liked: 41

I also use a 1 inch height. That is easily legible for the tech folks sitting by the side of the scales.
    Craig Farr
    2006 Stohr WF1 P2
    FARROUT Racing

Liked: 201

Are all cars/classes now required to have the weight displayed? I thought in the past it was only for classes where there were multiple min weights?

Quote Originally Posted by andyllc View Post
    Are all cars/classes now required to have the weight displayed? I thought in the past it was only for classes where there were multiple min weights?
    GCR 9.3.28.D: "Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales."

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by David Locke View Post
    GCR 9.3.28.D: "Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales."
    (dec. 2016 GCR)
    GCR 9.1.1.20 weights
    Formula F
    Ford Cortina Engine: 1060 lbs.
    Ford Kent and Honda Fit Engines: 1110 lbs.

so do we display minimum weights on the FF? Also, GCR 9.3.28.D requires restrictor size too.

full wording from dec 2016 GCR:
    9.3.28.D Displaying Minimum Weight and Restrictor Size Type
    Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales. Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class. Any car required to run a restrictor must display the restrictor size and type in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers. If the car also displays a minimum weight, it is recommended that the restrictor information be located near the displayed minimum weight.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    GCR 9.1.1.20 weights [/b]
    Formula F
    Ford Cortina Engine: 1060 lbs.
    Ford Kent and Honda Fit Engines: 1110 lbs.

so do we display minimum weights on the FF? Also, GCR 9.3.28.D requires restrictor size too.
    The language indicates that if a class includes more than one minimum weight, then cars in that class must display their correct minimum weight. Looks like the parenthetical needs to updated to remove FF.

Quote Originally Posted by David Locke View Post
    The language indicates that if a class includes more than one minimum weight, then cars in that class must display their correct minimum weight. Looks like the parenthetical needs to updated to remove FF.
    I've put in a CRB letter to correct the parenthetical.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBudgetRacing View Post
    you didn't like the giant stickers handed out in fontana?
    Nope! It was fine for me when I was a member of a different sanctioning body that did not require the class designation and the weight. But now that I am an official SCCA member (be affraid SCCA, be very affraid), I would like to make the class designation and the weight match the other stickers on the car.

Thanks to everyone that has given input on this topic. I will order up some 1" class weight stickers and be ready to go. License application is about to go in the mail as well and I will see the SoPac racers in February at Buttonwillow.

Thanks
    Eric Little

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw52 View Post
    Also, GCR 9.3.28.D requires restrictor size too.
    Okay, so in addition to my number, FF, and 1110, I now need a sticker that says "Driver" since that is my restrictor? Or do I need to measure the driver and is that height, weight, or both?

Man this SCCA stuff can be confusing.

See, I am saving money by running a Kent. I don't need to pay for stickers showing the restrictor size. So much for the Honda being more cost effective.

Eric Little

13. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information