Thread: Lola T360 HU11

Liked: 44

Default Lola T360 HU11

All,

I am looking to track down a car from the seventies/eighties. It is a Lola T360 Atlantic car. I raced the car in '76 under Bill Scott and was former Elliott Forbes Robinson Penthouse Lola. I ended up after two races running out of dollars as a 23 year old. I sold the car to Ivan Roland in the North Carolina area in '79.... he sold the car to someone? he has since passed away, but in the north New York area. Cannot find where it went.... does anyone know about the car and what happened to it? If so, please PM me and let me know .... even if it is wrecked.

John Weakley
    jweakley@bluemarble.net

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

It's funny how this stuff just disappears. in 2001 I tried to buy a reynard out of western Ohio and I've asked a couple times on Apexspeed if anyone knows what became of it - and all I got was crickets. When I took my VARA driver's school there was a guy with a Lola T360-ish FA with a very unique power train - a laydown twincam. I've never seen it since, even in victory lane or any of the other publications I read, and it was drop-dead gorgeous to go with odd, so it's surprising it just disappeared.

Liked: 3787

Knowing that current FCs and FBs probably lap way faster; still, when I look at Marc's old pictures those cars just look so "proper". Especially from the the front or rear.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

strange things do happen....there was as i recall either a Formula "B"" or possibly Atlantic running in Canada with a lay down motor circa seventies

and then there was that time i am walking up California street in front of the Lumiere theater and i see an engine bay in the front seat of a pickup truck and look around the back to see a Lola T-360 tub loaded inside............but ten again it was San Francsico

Default It had BDA motor....

Well, the gentleman that (Marc S.) that listed two links, yes, that is the car. I loved that car after buying from Elliott, but the car went thru Ivan Roland, then to nowhere, talked to Ivan's son, he does not know where it went as well... to bad, would love to find and rebuild to its former history and glory.

Default Lola T360

As to Purple Frog, in my mind, it is the best looking car of that era, and I would love to find it?

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 16

it would have been on the grid with the late Craig Hill who had the 460 in 1976 which I now have. With Craig H, Mark S and others help it has been liveried close to how it was seen in 76.
    do you recognize it ?

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 16

Hum, had to delete some of the photos in my folder. Here we go !

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Knowing that current FCs and FBs probably lap way faster; still, when I look at Marc's old pictures those cars just look so "proper". Especially from the the front or rear.

FB's yes, FC's not quite yet. A well driven flat bottomed Atlantic is still 1-3 seconds (depending on the circuit) faster than a current continental. One could argue that there are few that are driven to their limit, but comparing ultimate pace a vintage FA still has the edge, albeit slightly. That being said, having driven many late model FC's and many flat bottomed FA's, I would take the Atlantic any day of the week. They are far more demanding to drive at the limit than a continental and then there's the sound, oh that lovely sound....
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Liked: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teamwisconsin View Post
    FB's yes, FC's not quite yet. A well driven flat bottomed Atlantic is still 1-3 seconds (depending on the circuit) faster than a current continental. One could argue that there are few that are driven to their limit, but comparing ultimate pace a vintage FA still has the edge, albeit slightly. That being said, having driven many late model FC's and many flat bottomed FA's, I would take the Atlantic any day of the week. They are far more demanding to drive at the limit than a continental and then there's the sound, oh that lovely sound....
    I was at Mid-Ohio in August 1976 for the IMSA Formula Atlantic weekend, and Bobby Rahal was on pole in a March 76B at 1:27.6, which is not quite as quick as current FCs on the original 2.4-mile course. But I certainly agree that the mid-1970s Atlantics looked and sounded great.

Liked: 80

https://www.flickr.com/photos/466819...57623186773769

this us my atlantic album.

i have a lot more that i haven't yet scanned. i have thousands of other kinds of racing to scan too.

Default But still looking for Lola T360 HU11

All great conversation, but again, the car went to someone in NE NY area circa 1989 and has not been heard from again. Someone has to have seen it ... SCCA?

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Quote Originally Posted by David Locke View Post
    I was at Mid-Ohio in August 1976 for the IMSA Formula Atlantic weekend, and Bobby Rahal was on pole in a March 76B at 1:27.6, which is not quite as quick as current FCs on the original 2.4-mile course. But I certainly agree that the mid-1970s Atlantics looked and sounded great.
    That time was set on 1976 rubber with a lot of other different issues. You can't compare apples to Toyotas.

I agree with Ethan.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    That time was set on 1976 rubber with a lot of other different issues. You can't compare apples to Toyotas.

I agree with Ethan.
    The comment referred to flat-bottomed FAs, which wouldn't include Toyotas. Who goes 'round Mid-Ohio in a flat-bottomed FA, on current rubber, 1-3 seconds faster than a good FC lap time (1:26.0)? No one.

Default Repost

Again, still trying to track down this car, it was in NC and owned by Ivan Roland, then sold to someone in the NE New York state area, hoping someone in that area, SCCA folks?, that might know what happened to it?

Thread Information