Thread: Pax 2017

Liked: 9

Default Pax 2017

CM got a major break.
    http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2017.html
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 235

BMod got a small break. I'll take it!

Edit: Actually, all classes got lower numbers, except AMod of course.
    Last edited by Jim Garry; 11.18.16 at 2:06 PM.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 1868

Since i am not an auto-crosser, I have to ask : What does this mean?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

The PAX is a multiplication factor applied to each entrants' time based on their class. Indexed times are then ordered quickest to slowest and points awarded accordingly.

It's probably in the GCR somewhere, I don't know how it reads, but that's the jist of it.

Jim

From http://www.autox4u.com/resources/pax/

Written By Tony “Mario” Crea

PAX could best be described as a relative index of performance in autocrossing, much the same way a handicap rating is given in the game of golf. PAX indexes are based on results from the SCCA National Championships (the best of the best) each September [and other events] How strongly a class performs compared to the thirty-something other classes represented helps determine PAX indexes the next year. The following is an example showing how PAX is used at events…
    The class “A Modified” is the fastest class in autocrossing; it is expected that the cars in this class represent the pinnacle of autocross-specific race car design, engineering, and performance. The class rarely disappoints! Due to its unbelievable performance the PAX index for this class is 1.000 (no handicap is given). This means that if an A Mod car runs a time of 50 seconds, it will show up on the final results as 50 seconds.
    Now let’s compare this to a car in “C Street Prepared”, which has a PAX index of .844. A car in CSP runs a time of 62 seconds on the same course as the A Mod car, yet its time will appear as 52.328 on the final standings. This was done by multiplying the raw time by the PAX index. As a result, the CSP car finishes only 2.328 seconds (not 12 seconds) behind the A Mod car. Yes, it still lost based on raw speed alone, but it allowed the driver in the CSP car to finish much higher overall. Thus, most regions base their overall driver championship on PAX performance whereas class championships are based on raw times.
    Jim

Thread Information