Liked: 1871

Default Anyone familiar with Cypher Distributing?

Received an email inquiry into the purchase of some of our (not produced for 15 years) F2000 mag valve covers, from a David Palmer at:

Cypher Distribution Inc.8605 Santa Monica Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90069

Checking on the net shows a lot of fraud complaints associated with that address ( different company names, though)

Anyone familiar with this person and company?

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Default mail box rental...

8605 Santa Monica Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90069 =

Earth Class Mail

Goggle Maps is your friend.

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Default Google is your friend

If you search "david palmer 8605 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90069" you get a number of interesting hits, including (emphasis added):

Same scam still going on.... The scammers are using an automated system that emails form letter style email requests for a shipping/part quotation on an item(s) which is listed on the potential victims website. The current request looks like the following with the exception of the part number having been removed so as to prevent identification. ------- Hello, I would like you to supply me with a quote for the following: [Part Number or product from potential victims website entered here] Quantity: 25 pieces My company details are below so that you can set me up as a credit card account. Company Name: Synergy Sales Inc 8605 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90069 Regards David Palmer ------- The Company at the address listed in CA. is actually a mail forwarding business. It is likely that all of the Information preceded with a colon ":" are dynamically filled with pre-collected lists of bogus companies assigned to specific gmail,yahoo,outlook,hotmail account emails.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 1871

Pretty much what I was seeing and suspected.with what I was seeing with the google search.

Thanks.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Tell him you will be happy to sell him some on a cash in advance basis.... that should make him go away.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information