Thread: Vintage shocks

Liked: 64

Default Vintage shocks

What's the preferred shock for vintage club ford in SVRA? I'm guessing no canisters.
    Thanks Wes

Liked: 87

Hello Wes,

SVRA club rules allow alloy body and non remote. Koni and Spax seem to be what on cars, but I think you can get Penske doubles non canister if you know one of the builders. I made a post a while back about this as I wanted to upgrade shocks on my 1981 Crossle 45F. I was told to not get too concerned about a "killer" shock as the conventional outboard style on my car was not as critical as a rocker/later style system.
    I would probably go Koni as they are close to both of us and Lee Grimes can be a good resource. My problem with Koni is even when you send them one front and one rear, new ones never seem to come back in those dimensions.
    Plan ahead as no matter what you choose it takes 2plus months to get anything!
    You getting them for that Merlyn or Eagle FF?

Mike Winebrenner

Liked: 9

Armstrong are period correct and a properly serviced set work very good.
    I would need to know the lenght between mounting points at ride height .
    R and A manufacturing inc
    206 979 1405
    Archie
    Www.randamanufacturinginc.com
    Last edited by archie; 11.18.16 at 1:28 AM.

Liked: 83

Default Bilstein as well

I am parting out a 1979/1980 Zink and will have four Bilsteins for sale shortly. There is some rust that will have to be wire-brushed and they will have to be rebuilt (Thyssen-Krupp if I spelled that right) with new seals, new rods, etc. but they are period correct. PM me if you're interested.

DK

Liked: 947

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    I am parting out a 1979/1980 Zink and will have four Bilsteins for sale shortly. There is some rust that will have to be wire-brushed and they will have to be rebuilt (Thyssen-Krupp if I spelled that right) with new seals, new rods, etc. but they are period correct. PM me if you're interested.

DK
    Hello David,

If Wes is not interested, I would be.
    Thanks,
    Dan
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 64

Thanks for the reply's. My eagle project is finally taking shape! I want to have it finished for all the 50th races next year. I have talked to Lee Grimes. He's a good friend,so will probably go with new Koni's. Just wanted to see what others thought.
    Thanks Wes

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 87

Default Eagle FF

Glad to hear that will be at the SVRA IMS event for the 50th! Those cars are so cool...I remember one at St Louis (Gateway) probably 15 years ago that was painted lime green with a graghic of an Eagle's head on the nose and I thought if I ever owned one that is what I would want to do. I think they only made less than 10?
    Mike

Liked: 127

Give us a call at ANZE Suspension. We can build you some nice, legal Penskes that are serviceable and tuneable!

Call Angelo at (516) 671-3960
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 1

Default GAZ shocks

tried a set of Gaz single adjustables on my Merlyn 11 and love them, google Demon Tweeks and get the low down on your size, and they are dirt cheap delivered in the USA posted out of England

Thread Information